Midnight Club II
Next up from Rockstar Games is a personal favourite, Midnight Club II. Computer games like these don't become more enjoyable through better frame rates, but rather better through the quality of image. The Radeon 9800 XT achieves just that- unequalled beauty within a game sporting a plethora of highly-reflective, sexy, luxury cars. For this article, two video cards were selected to compare image quality. The first victim is an 'outdated' DX9-incompatible GeForce3 Ti400, and the second being our beloved Radeon 9800 XT.
Comparing the game's visual performance, using a 9800 XT to an old Ti400 truly allows you to see the advantages of the ATi Radeon and DirectX 9 technology. Midnight Club II is one of the most visually-benefited games when it comes to upgrading your PC's video card; reflective textures and nitro alike simply shine in MCII when given a top-of-the-line GPU to hog up. While frame rates did improve through the upgrade, FPS did not affect game-play directly, and is not a serious variable when considering such an upgrade in this type of situation.
If you look closely at the above image, you will notice slight circular blurring. This is an in-game effect caused by using 'nitro' in your vehicle within Midnight Club II. This truly adds to the overall coolness of the game, and can really make your playing all the more enjoyable if performed as best as it could be.
The difference was considerably impressive when upgrading to a 9800 XT. No lag was encountered using 'nitro', and the game looked simply spectacular. From the designs of these cars to the cities' vast range of buildings, this game makes an excellent example of both bilinear and trilinear filtering: objects, textures and scenery alike seem coherent and non-choppy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 2 [Radeon 9800 XT]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 3 [Radeon 9800 XT Continued]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 4 [Testing Introduction and Counter-Strike]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 5 [NHL 2004]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 6 [Max Payne 2]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 7 [Midnight Club II]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 8 [Halo PC]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Facebook reaches 2 billion monthly users
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller