Next up we have Electronic Art's NHL 2004, a sequel to their popular NHL 2002 & 2003 titles. This series is a perfect example of a game evolving simultaneously with the market's GPU technology.
Poorly designed character models and textures burdened the previous versions of NHL 2004. With the aid of an elite GPU, as the one equipped within the Radeon 9800 XT, level (stadium) load times are greatly reduced of lag and choppy animations. The audience and players truly look alive and vibrant; this greatly adds to the overall realism while playing. A close look at the screenshot above will clearly demonstrate the lively player shadows (reflecting off the surface of the ice) generated in the game - this level of realism can be credited to the game's coding, visual performance support, and of course: the 9800 XT itself.
If you click on the above image and take a close look at the dynamically-textured ice, you will see a perfect example of programmatically generated texture. These are textures generated in real-time (using shader programs) which are applied to 3D models within video games and other applications (e.g. Adobe's Photoshop). As the ice in NHL 2004 becomes more skated upon, it gradually appears more 'cut up' and scratchy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 2 [Radeon 9800 XT]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 3 [Radeon 9800 XT Continued]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 4 [Testing Introduction and Counter-Strike]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 5 [NHL 2004]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 6 [Max Payne 2]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 7 [Midnight Club II]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 8 [Halo PC]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni