Next up we have Electronic Art's NHL 2004, a sequel to their popular NHL 2002 & 2003 titles. This series is a perfect example of a game evolving simultaneously with the market's GPU technology.
Poorly designed character models and textures burdened the previous versions of NHL 2004. With the aid of an elite GPU, as the one equipped within the Radeon 9800 XT, level (stadium) load times are greatly reduced of lag and choppy animations. The audience and players truly look alive and vibrant; this greatly adds to the overall realism while playing. A close look at the screenshot above will clearly demonstrate the lively player shadows (reflecting off the surface of the ice) generated in the game - this level of realism can be credited to the game's coding, visual performance support, and of course: the 9800 XT itself.
If you click on the above image and take a close look at the dynamically-textured ice, you will see a perfect example of programmatically generated texture. These are textures generated in real-time (using shader programs) which are applied to 3D models within video games and other applications (e.g. Adobe's Photoshop). As the ice in NHL 2004 becomes more skated upon, it gradually appears more 'cut up' and scratchy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 2 [Radeon 9800 XT]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 3 [Radeon 9800 XT Continued]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 4 [Testing Introduction and Counter-Strike]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 5 [NHL 2004]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 6 [Max Payne 2]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 7 [Midnight Club II]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 8 [Halo PC]
- 9800 XT Visual Gaming Performance - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Tesla's new P100D announced, 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L