International Rectifier IR3550
Each IR3550 chip has 30 pins along the side.
The PowIRStage specifications page shows a peak efficiency rating of 95% at 1.2V and an IOUT max of 60 amps.
What the IR3550 allows GIGABYTE to do is replace the traditional 4-chip MOSFET design with a single IR3550 that's very efficient.
Test System Setup
I grabbed a few parts sitting around the office and pieced a system together. In the coming days we're moving the SSD test platform over to 4th generation Core processors and Z87X chipsets.
Originally, I started this project to test the new PWM cooler, but the article took a turn while testing.
I think you'll agree with our findings. I do want to note a few things before we get started, though. We used an Intel retail heat sink and cooler for the CPU simply because it allowed us to use the thermal imaging camera. All of my other heat sinks are Noctua designs and very large.
In some of the images you may see black tap covering components. Any highly reflective surface makes the thermal imager report a false reading. The tape is thin and used to cover up anything that shines like the CMOS battery or the silver area on the heat sink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force]
- Page 3 [International Rectifier IR3550 and Test System Setup]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup