GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force
The GA-Z87X-OC Force is GIGABYTE's latest badass overclocking flagship motherboard. As the flagship model, the OC Force packs nearly every bell and whistle offered for overclocking and goes far beyond what we expect to find on a traditional motherboard. Shawn will have a full review of the GA-Z87X-OC Force soon and will cover all of the features in detail.
We're focusing at the area around the CPU socket today, the massive heat sink specifically and the new International Rectifier IR3550 PWMs under it. As you can see, the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC Force looks a lot different in this area than most of the other motherboards on the market. The heat sink is massive and it also doubles as a liquid cooling block for extreme overclocking.
Here we see the same area without the heat sink. There are nine PWMs on one side and an additional seven running across the top.
GIGABYTE calls this OC Cool and in the lower right side of the image above we see the liquid cooling tubing to the processor and the PWM cooler before going back to the pump.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force]
- Page 3 [International Rectifier IR3550 and Test System Setup]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives