The Performance Benchmark also has its own page in the software. On this tab you can test other SSDs not manufactured by Samsung. This is an easy way to get a quick comparison of your installed storage products, even HDDs.
Samsung's Performance Optimization feature took around 10 minutes to finish on our empty 840 EVO 750GB drive.
The feature fills your Samsung SSD with large sequential temporary files and then deletes them. This starts a chain reaction with the operating system, TRIM kicks in and your spare area gets a nice cleaning. Your existing data is safe since the software only fills free space. This does mean you write a lot of data to the drive and thus you're wearing through the P/E cycles.
When the files delete, your original data remains, and so does the amount of space you had before starting the operation.
Easy Firmware Updates
The last tab in the Disk Management section of Magician 4.2 checks your current firmware against a database on Samsung's servers. If your firmware is out of date, you can update the firmware from within Magician with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99