The Performance Benchmark also has its own page in the software. On this tab you can test other SSDs not manufactured by Samsung. This is an easy way to get a quick comparison of your installed storage products, even HDDs.
Samsung's Performance Optimization feature took around 10 minutes to finish on our empty 840 EVO 750GB drive.
The feature fills your Samsung SSD with large sequential temporary files and then deletes them. This starts a chain reaction with the operating system, TRIM kicks in and your spare area gets a nice cleaning. Your existing data is safe since the software only fills free space. This does mean you write a lot of data to the drive and thus you're wearing through the P/E cycles.
When the files delete, your original data remains, and so does the amount of space you had before starting the operation.
Easy Firmware Updates
The last tab in the Disk Management section of Magician 4.2 checks your current firmware against a database on Samsung's servers. If your firmware is out of date, you can update the firmware from within Magician with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology