- Overclocking the MSI 865PE Neo2
MSI's past boards have either been a hit or miss affair when it comes to overclocking options. This time it's more of a miss than a big hit. Under the Frequency/Voltage control menu you will find your overclocking options for the FSB, DRAM and AGP voltages as well as the DRAM ratio for 266/333/400Mhz operations.
You have FSB adjustments from 100MHz up to 300MHz in 1MHz increments. This allows you to get the most out of your CPU. Next you have your AGP/PCI divider control. Here you can set your AGP/PCI dividers to whatever speed you wish. Locking them to default speeds allows you to keep your PCI and AGP devices at stock speed while overclocking the memory and the CPU.
DRAM voltages can be altered from 2.5v up to 2.7v in 0.1v increments. AGP voltage can be set from 1.5v up to 1.7v in 0.1v increments.
- Overclocking the Chaintech 9PJL Apogee
Chaintech has been one of the up and comers with overclocking boards. Chaintech uses the Frequency/Voltage control menu for overclocking controls. Under this menu you find the FSB adjustments, DRAM and AGP voltage adjustments, chipset voltage adjustments and DRAM, AGP and PCI ratio controls.
First we look at the Front Side Bus or FSB. FSB adjustments can be set from 100MHz up to 350MHz (50MHz more than MSI). Like the Neo2, you can lock your AGP/PCI ratio to default speeds or set them between 66/33 up to 100/50 respectively, however, leaving them at 66/33 will give the best and stable overclock.
DRAM voltage can be adjusted from 2.5v up to 2.8v in 0.1v increments (0.1v higher than MSI). This seemingly small 0.1v increase can lead to higher RAM and FSB speeds as Dual Channel memory runs much more stable at 2.8v when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 2 [Specifications]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 3 [Features - MSI 865PE Neo2]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 4 [Features - MSI 865PE Neo2 Continued]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 5 [Features - Chaintech 9PJL Apogee]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- MSI vs. Chaintech - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Complaints to FCC over data caps rose nearly tenfold in 2015
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched