I'm sure many are heartbroken with the news, I'm one of them. That doesn't mean NGFF is a failure or will never live up to our expectations.
On the contrary, bringing DEVSLP to ultrabooks and notebooks is a big step in increasing battery life. New cache modules also reduce wear of mechanical hard drives. At the same time, this is a stepping-stone used to move storage in a new, exciting direction.
One step at a time, all the way to 1,800 MB/s and beyond. Following NGFF PCIe is another new technology called SATA Express. If I were to guess, SATA Express is the reason why NGFF will ramp up slowly. We all have x4 lane PCIe on our motherboards and we look at those slots and wonder how to populate them.
I don't think we will need to wait for 2014 to make use of the extra four lanes, but as of Computex 2013 we are not there yet. Flash Memory Summit 2013 should be exciting and by CES 2014 the next push will come getting us closer to where we all want to be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes