Marvell 88SS9187 Controller
This isn't the first time we've ran across the Marvell 88SS9187 controller. First introduced in the Plextor M5 Pro and later revised in the M5 Pro Xtreme with a firmware update, the 9187 when paired with 128GB of MLC NAND produces the highest performance results in that capacity size.
Just having the hardware isn't enough these days, Marvell hands over the hardware and a few guides, but in order to get real performance out of the 9187 controller, you have to write quality firmware. Instead of hiring LiteON or MemoRight, SanDisk tackled the task on their own and delivered one of the best initial firmware releases for Marvell hardware we're tested to date.
Using a Marvell controller also means backing the controller with DRAM to cache table data. Two of our capacity size Extreme II SSD's used Samsung DRAM and the other used Hynix DRAM. The DRAM capacity scales up to 4GB and all three spec sheets we found showed DDR3 with 1.5v requirements.
In the Features List above, we can see a set of standards the new Extreme II conforms to. Most of the Feature List is about the DRAM and flash, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup