Marvell 88SS9187 Controller
This isn't the first time we've ran across the Marvell 88SS9187 controller. First introduced in the Plextor M5 Pro and later revised in the M5 Pro Xtreme with a firmware update, the 9187 when paired with 128GB of MLC NAND produces the highest performance results in that capacity size.
Just having the hardware isn't enough these days, Marvell hands over the hardware and a few guides, but in order to get real performance out of the 9187 controller, you have to write quality firmware. Instead of hiring LiteON or MemoRight, SanDisk tackled the task on their own and delivered one of the best initial firmware releases for Marvell hardware we're tested to date.
Using a Marvell controller also means backing the controller with DRAM to cache table data. Two of our capacity size Extreme II SSD's used Samsung DRAM and the other used Hynix DRAM. The DRAM capacity scales up to 4GB and all three spec sheets we found showed DDR3 with 1.5v requirements.
In the Features List above, we can see a set of standards the new Extreme II conforms to. Most of the Feature List is about the DRAM and flash, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types