The appeal of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB video cards in SLI is extremely strong. When you consider the fact that a pair of EVGA GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked's are going to set you back $1318, verse a pair of EVGA GTX TITAN SuperClocked cards, which will cost a hefty $2138, a saving of $820 is extremely impressive.
Even more so when you consider the fact that you could actually get a third GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked for that money, which we know will perform better than the SLI GTX TITAN setup. Of course it's important to remember that overclocking was thrown into the mix here today and not all cards overclock equally. You may find yourself with a slightly lower clock or if you're lucky a slightly higher one - it's luck of the draw.
Compared to the AMD setups, the pricing is similar to that of the 3 GPU HD 7970 GHz Edition and HD 7990 card in CrossFireX. I think most people will find the NVIDIA offering more appealing, though, due to the fact that it's part of a new series. The HD 7000 series name is feeling a little aged now and no doubt people would prefer to say they're on the latest GTX 700 series instead.
It seems a bit silly saying that a $1318 setup represents good value, but we can't deny the simple fact that if you're looking for an extremely high-end setup, then the performance we get out of this setup compared to the $2000+ GTX TITAN setup is a lot more appealing indeed.
While some may feel that NVIDIA shoot themselves in the foot with the GTX 780 3GB, stock has never been the greatest for the GTX TITAN 6GB. I real really don't think they're worried about having excess quantity of the TITAN as we continue to hear that as stock arrives, it goes right out the door again.
Overclocking always proves to be a lot of fun and while it might not always be necessary on these extremely high-end setups, the added performance when doing some benchmarking or even under super intensive games like Nexuiz and Sleeping Dogs does indeed come in handy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.