Around 12 to 18 months ago Corsair was a big player in the performance memory arena. Fortunately more companies popped up and the competition has become quite fierce - Memory got faster, prices got lower and such companies as TwinMOS, OCZ and etc started battling it out for top spot in the performance arena.
We are looking at three sets of Corsair memory this time around starting with the PC3500 or DDR433.
Module Size: 2 X 256 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC3500
CAS Latency: 2
Corsair have started to use retail packaging across the board which gives off a more professional feel to the memory. Going to your local computer store and receiving memory in proper retail packaging is a lot nicer then getting two modules handed straight over to you in nothing or Anti-Static bag. The same packaging is also seen on another set of modules which we will look at later on in the article.
Corsair PC3500 is rated at DDR433 which isn't a huge increase over default memory speeds. What we hope to find out is if these particular modules will give us a performance increase worth considering. Corsair has always carried a bit of a premium as they are known for being one of the better overclockers on the market. We will have a look and see what they can do for our system today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DCM2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DCM2 - Page 2 [Kingmax PC3200 TinyBGA revisited]
- DCM2 - Page 3 [Geil Golden Dragon PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 4 [Corsair PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 5 [Corsair PC3700]
- DCM2 - Page 6 [Corsair PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 7 [Crucial PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 8 [Transcend PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 9 [OCZ PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 10 [Test System Setup and Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un-Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DCM2 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DCM2 - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 17 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DCM2 - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Commanche 4]
- DCM2 - Page 19 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DCM2 - Page 20 [Overclocking Results]
- DCM2 - Page 21 [Overclocking Results Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 22 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 23 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 24 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 25 [3DMark 2001 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 26 [3DMark 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 27 [Unreal Tournament 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 28 [Jedi Knight 2 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 29 [Commanche 4 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 30 [Quake 3 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 31 [Final Memory Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 32 [Final Rundown Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 33 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4