Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2003 continues the success that Unreal Tournament generated as an online game and benchmark. UT2003 pulls all of its weight onto the 3D and memory subsystems, pushing graphics reality to the maximum is its game, and you need some serious power to gain playable scores with this game.
- 640 X 480
Fastest 400: Both the Kingmax PC3200 and Corsair PC3700 didn't like this game too much as they were the only modules scoring under 100 frames per second. Crucial's PC3200 and Corsair's PC4000 are very close to each other with only .02 frames separating them both.
433 and 466 Speeds: As the trend seems to go, Geil cannot keep up with the Corsair PC3500 and the jump to 466 or PC3700 is a measly 2 FPS.
Fastest Memory: You really see the difference when it comes to moving up to PC4000 memory. Unlike the jump to 466 you really notice it come out breaking over 125 average frames per second. We see that both PC4000 modules are still neck and neck with each other with the OCZ PC4000 just coming out ahead. Let's see what happens when we bump up the resolution.
- 1280 X 1024
Fastest 400: We see a very similar picture to the above test with both the Kingmax and the Corsair PC3700 struggling and the OCZ sneaking ahead to take another win in the DDR400 category. All the memory modules are very close together but you do see the OCZ just steal the win by an FPS or two.
433 and 466 Speeds: The Geil again can't keep up with the Corsair PC3500 and again we also notice that the jump from 433 speeds to 466 speeds is quite disappointing. While we might have saw bigger numbers in the synthetic tests when it comes down to real world gaming UT2K3 doesn't really seem to benefit from the extra MHz.
Fastest Memory: OCZ take out the UT2K3 honors again by a measly .1 FPS. The jump from DDR400 speeds or even DDR466 speeds are quite noticeable with an increase of up to 20 FPS at some points.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DCM2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DCM2 - Page 2 [Kingmax PC3200 TinyBGA revisited]
- DCM2 - Page 3 [Geil Golden Dragon PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 4 [Corsair PC3500]
- DCM2 - Page 5 [Corsair PC3700]
- DCM2 - Page 6 [Corsair PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 7 [Crucial PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 8 [Transcend PC3200]
- DCM2 - Page 9 [OCZ PC4000]
- DCM2 - Page 10 [Test System Setup and Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un-Buffered]
- DCM2 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DCM2 - Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- DCM2 - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- DCM2 - Page 17 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- DCM2 - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Commanche 4]
- DCM2 - Page 19 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- DCM2 - Page 20 [Overclocking Results]
- DCM2 - Page 21 [Overclocking Results Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 22 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 23 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 - Un Buffered - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 24 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 25 [3DMark 2001 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 26 [3DMark 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 27 [Unreal Tournament 2003 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 28 [Jedi Knight 2 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 29 [Commanche 4 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 30 [Quake 3 - Overclocked]
- DCM2 - Page 31 [Final Memory Rundown]
- DCM2 - Page 32 [Final Rundown Continued]
- DCM2 - Page 33 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset