Seagate X8 Accelerator
A few weeks ago, Seagate announced a significant investment in Virident Systems. Virident's FlashMAX II, a product we first brought attention to at Flash Memory Summit 2012, appears to be the base for Seagate's new X8 Accelerator.
Assuming this FlashMax II connection, the X8 should deliver up to 2.7GB/s read bandwidth in a full height model and up to 1.6GB/s read bandwidth in a half height model. 4K read IOPS could be as high as 160K for half height and 325K for full height.
The PCIe interface decreases latency and this is where the X8 will have an advantage on SATA and SAS products. The ultra low latency allows datacenters to use X8 as either ultra fast storage or as a flash cache for databases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform