Seagate X8 Accelerator
A few weeks ago, Seagate announced a significant investment in Virident Systems. Virident's FlashMAX II, a product we first brought attention to at Flash Memory Summit 2012, appears to be the base for Seagate's new X8 Accelerator.
Assuming this FlashMax II connection, the X8 should deliver up to 2.7GB/s read bandwidth in a full height model and up to 1.6GB/s read bandwidth in a half height model. 4K read IOPS could be as high as 160K for half height and 325K for full height.
The PCIe interface decreases latency and this is where the X8 will have an advantage on SATA and SAS products. The ultra low latency allows datacenters to use X8 as either ultra fast storage or as a flash cache for databases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives