Seagate 1200 SSD
2013 will usher in 12Gb/s SAS products and everyone is very excited. On the HDD side, SAS expanders and HBAs/RAID controllers used with SAS 6Gb/s parts will increase performance with minimal investment. On the flash side, a 12Gb/s bus will allow SSD's to achieve maximum performance. We've long suspected even consumer SSD's are being held back by the 6Gb/s limits.
The 1200 SSD is Seagate's third SAS SSD, a follow up to Pulsar and Pulsar.2. This is also Seagate's first SAS 12Gb/s part so the excitement is high for this product. We don't have a lot of information about the 1200 SSD, at least not as much as we would like. Samples should arrive in a few weeks and we'll have 12Gb/s parts to pair with it.
The Seagate 1200 SSD is the Cheetah for the flash generation. The 12Gb/s interface that is also dual port should deliver amazing performance in a package that's scalable and redundant.
UPDATE - At the last moment before launch, Seagate sent us their spec sheet on the 1200, it's pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives