Seagate 1200 SSD
2013 will usher in 12Gb/s SAS products and everyone is very excited. On the HDD side, SAS expanders and HBAs/RAID controllers used with SAS 6Gb/s parts will increase performance with minimal investment. On the flash side, a 12Gb/s bus will allow SSD's to achieve maximum performance. We've long suspected even consumer SSD's are being held back by the 6Gb/s limits.
The 1200 SSD is Seagate's third SAS SSD, a follow up to Pulsar and Pulsar.2. This is also Seagate's first SAS 12Gb/s part so the excitement is high for this product. We don't have a lot of information about the 1200 SSD, at least not as much as we would like. Samples should arrive in a few weeks and we'll have 12Gb/s parts to pair with it.
The Seagate 1200 SSD is the Cheetah for the flash generation. The 12Gb/s interface that is also dual port should deliver amazing performance in a package that's scalable and redundant.
UPDATE - At the last moment before launch, Seagate sent us their spec sheet on the 1200, it's pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99