Seagate 1200 SSD
2013 will usher in 12Gb/s SAS products and everyone is very excited. On the HDD side, SAS expanders and HBAs/RAID controllers used with SAS 6Gb/s parts will increase performance with minimal investment. On the flash side, a 12Gb/s bus will allow SSD's to achieve maximum performance. We've long suspected even consumer SSD's are being held back by the 6Gb/s limits.
The 1200 SSD is Seagate's third SAS SSD, a follow up to Pulsar and Pulsar.2. This is also Seagate's first SAS 12Gb/s part so the excitement is high for this product. We don't have a lot of information about the 1200 SSD, at least not as much as we would like. Samples should arrive in a few weeks and we'll have 12Gb/s parts to pair with it.
The Seagate 1200 SSD is the Cheetah for the flash generation. The 12Gb/s interface that is also dual port should deliver amazing performance in a package that's scalable and redundant.
UPDATE - At the last moment before launch, Seagate sent us their spec sheet on the 1200, it's pictured above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Consumer, Enterprise and Big Time Datacenter]
- Page 3 [Seagate 600 SSD - The New Consumer SSD]
- Page 4 [Seagate 600 Pro SSD - Entry Level Enterprise and Enthusiast]
- Page 5 [Seagate 1200 SSD - 12Gb/s for Enterprise]
- Page 6 [Seagate X8 Accelerator - Cache and Database]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel