What's the story morning glory? At the start of the program, the Toolbox gives us drive information and you can even update your firmware from this page.
Everyone seems to be talking about further overprovisioning (OP) consumer SSDs these days. Corsair makes it easy to add additional OP space to your Corsair SSD. I did find you need a partition and drive letter on the drive already or the function will not work. With our drive ready we just slid the slider to the right and added an additional 64GB of OP space. You can use the slider to dial in the exact amount of additional OP you want.
There are a number of SMART readers on the market, but having the feature built-into your toolbox is a nice addition.
Corsair is still working on the Disk Cloning feature, hopefully it's ready by Computex.
Too bad we didn't have this easy TRIM tool a year ago. You can use the TRIM tool two ways. At the bottom is a one-button solution to send the TRIM command to the drive. At the top you can schedule a TRIM command to take place at a set interval and time.
Sometimes you just want to say forget it and start all over. We call it secure erase, Corsair calls it secure wipe.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Report: 5 billion Google Android apps are vulnerable to cyberattack
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- win crash
- PC-K65 and PC-K69
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Cannot open CTRL + I Intel rapid storage menu
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop