128K Sequential Read/Write
The Samsung 840 Pro excels at sequential write workloads, and here manages to beat the Optimus and the Vector. This seems to be a clear win for the Samsung 840 Pro, but once we look at histogram reports below the picture changes.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size actually encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Samsung 840 edges the Optimus by a slight margin during our sequential read testing.
The Samsung 840 Pro rides the top of the charts in the sequential write testing exhibiting one of the great strengths of the 840 Pro. Though the 840 Pro has impressive 100% write performance, below we can observe the difference with mixed workloads.
The performance of the consumer SSDs drops quickly with the introduction of a mixed workload, though the Vector manages to best the Optimus in the 50-90% range.
The 840 Pro nudges out the Optimus in sequential write performance, with 100% of I/O falling into the 60-80ms range. The Optimus delivers 95% of I/O in the same range, but 4.85% falls into the 80-100ms range, and a small amount falls in at 100-200ms. The Vector has operations as high as 600-800ms.
The Vector and 840 Pro manage to best the Optimus in performance per Watt in the 100% sequential write testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Client v Enterprise Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 8 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now