128K Sequential Read/Write
The Samsung 840 Pro excels at sequential write workloads, and here manages to beat the Optimus and the Vector. This seems to be a clear win for the Samsung 840 Pro, but once we look at histogram reports below the picture changes.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size actually encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Samsung 840 edges the Optimus by a slight margin during our sequential read testing.
The Samsung 840 Pro rides the top of the charts in the sequential write testing exhibiting one of the great strengths of the 840 Pro. Though the 840 Pro has impressive 100% write performance, below we can observe the difference with mixed workloads.
The performance of the consumer SSDs drops quickly with the introduction of a mixed workload, though the Vector manages to best the Optimus in the 50-90% range.
The 840 Pro nudges out the Optimus in sequential write performance, with 100% of I/O falling into the 60-80ms range. The Optimus delivers 95% of I/O in the same range, but 4.85% falls into the 80-100ms range, and a small amount falls in at 100-200ms. The Vector has operations as high as 600-800ms.
The Vector and 840 Pro manage to best the Optimus in performance per Watt in the 100% sequential write testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Client v Enterprise Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 8 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand