128K Sequential Read/Write
The Samsung 840 Pro excels at sequential write workloads, and here manages to beat the Optimus and the Vector. This seems to be a clear win for the Samsung 840 Pro, but once we look at histogram reports below the picture changes.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size actually encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Samsung 840 edges the Optimus by a slight margin during our sequential read testing.
The Samsung 840 Pro rides the top of the charts in the sequential write testing exhibiting one of the great strengths of the 840 Pro. Though the 840 Pro has impressive 100% write performance, below we can observe the difference with mixed workloads.
The performance of the consumer SSDs drops quickly with the introduction of a mixed workload, though the Vector manages to best the Optimus in the 50-90% range.
The 840 Pro nudges out the Optimus in sequential write performance, with 100% of I/O falling into the 60-80ms range. The Optimus delivers 95% of I/O in the same range, but 4.85% falls into the 80-100ms range, and a small amount falls in at 100-200ms. The Vector has operations as high as 600-800ms.
The Vector and 840 Pro manage to best the Optimus in performance per Watt in the 100% sequential write testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Client v Enterprise Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 8 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller