128K Sequential Read/Write
The Samsung 840 Pro excels at sequential write workloads, and here manages to beat the Optimus and the Vector. This seems to be a clear win for the Samsung 840 Pro, but once we look at histogram reports below the picture changes.
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size actually encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The Samsung 840 edges the Optimus by a slight margin during our sequential read testing.
The Samsung 840 Pro rides the top of the charts in the sequential write testing exhibiting one of the great strengths of the 840 Pro. Though the 840 Pro has impressive 100% write performance, below we can observe the difference with mixed workloads.
The performance of the consumer SSDs drops quickly with the introduction of a mixed workload, though the Vector manages to best the Optimus in the 50-90% range.
The 840 Pro nudges out the Optimus in sequential write performance, with 100% of I/O falling into the 60-80ms range. The Optimus delivers 95% of I/O in the same range, but 4.85% falls into the 80-100ms range, and a small amount falls in at 100-200ms. The Vector has operations as high as 600-800ms.
The Vector and 840 Pro manage to best the Optimus in performance per Watt in the 100% sequential write testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Client v Enterprise Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 8 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art