Unigine's Heaven Benchmark has been a staple of most tech sites reviews for quite a while now, stressing all GPUs in its benchmarking path. There are nearly two million Heaven Benchmark users, showing just how powerful Unigine's reach is in the benchmarking market.
Where Unigine do it right, is by offering Heaven to multiple platforms - Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Other players in the benchmarking game only let users bench within Windows, but Windows isn't the only OS in town. Benchmarking Macs now that they're sporting fast GPUs is something important, and Linux, well, that has always been an important piece of PCs.
Heaven has gone through a few changes over the years, with version 4.0 ushering in a bunch of improvements:
- Benchmarking presets for convenient comparison of results
- GPU temperature and clock monitoring
- Drastic improvement of SSDO
- Stars at nighttime
- Improvement of lens flare
- New, improved version of UNIGINE Engine under the hood
- Detection of multiple GPUs
- Anti-aliasing support on Mac OS X
- Enhancement of automation scripts in Pro version
- New Advanced edition (see details below)
- Russian and Chinese localization
Let's dive in now and take a closer look.