The clock ticks (or is it a tock this round) and Intel's new 4th Generation Core processor, Haswell, gets closer. Mark your calendars for June 2nd, the rumored announce date, just days before Comptuex in Taipei. Behind the scenes early sample chips are starting to float around and full notebooks should quietly make their way to eager journalist's doors in May.
At Intel Developers Forum in San Francisco we took a shallow dive into the future of desktop, mobile, server and more mobile things to come. Haswell is the next best thing for servers, desktops, notebooks, ultrabooks and even tablets / phones. One architecture to rule them all that scales up, down to the side and even to places where we never dreamed of before.
Making the leap from mobile to server is Intel's interest in power management. Haswell brings voltage regulation to the actual chip and removes it from the motherboard or host device. Haswell has more control of power and more bands were added so the processor can slow or even sleep areas not in use. Other components like SSDs are gaining new sleep states as well, you'll hear about a feature called Dev Sleep before long in our SSD reviews and these features will all work together to further extend battery life and lower desktop power consumption.
Haswell desktop processors have a new pin count, but a familiar shape. Today we're looking at the new socket and will speculate a bit about what overclocking may be like with the return of a base clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications