The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost clearly has some head room when it comes to the overclocking side of things, we just proved that here today. What we're really looking forward to is finding out what path companies go down when it comes to the aftermarket cooling side of things.
While the reference cooler is clearly capable and offers some good noise levels, the GPU runs a little warmer than we'd like. 75c at load isn't an issue, but we're clearly not going to complain about numbers that come in lower.
The new GTX 650 Ti Boost is going to be a thorn in AMD's side. NVIDIA have done a good job with this model, but the other thing we're interested in seeing is the performance of the 1GB variant that's due soon. Coming in at the same price point of the HD 7790, if the past is anything to go by, performance should be similar between the two models, with the lesser amount of RAM compared to the 2GB model we looked at today making little difference in overall performance.
The battle between AMD and NVIDIA is no doubt heating up at the mid-range market with the release of two new models within a week of each other. Where you throw down your money is probably going to be a difficult task. Both companies are offering good products, but it seems clear that if you're happy to spend a bit more, you're going to get a bit more performance out of the NVIDIA offering. If your budget is a little stricter, though, the AMD offering might be what you want to go with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.