It's Day 2 of Computex 2003 and we are back amongst the action visiting DFI and Shuttle in the morning as well as attending DFI, VIA and nVidia press conferences in the afternoon.
Again it was a fully action-packed day, so let's get right into it!
We stopped by DFI's booth yesterday and had a look at their range of enthusiast LANPARTY and upcoming INFINITY range of motherboards. DFI has decided to compete in the hobbyist market recently and this has shown with the launch of CMOS Reloaded which was introduced at the lovely Agora Garden hotel this morning.
I attended the DFI CMOS Reloaded press conference where folks from DFI talked to media about this new technology, the next best thing since jumperless - as they put it, and I totally agree. CMOS Reloaded allows you to save currently up to four pre-set (more later with BIOS updates - up to eight) overclocking settings in your BIOS in real time instead of having to write them down on paper like the old fashioned way. Then using hot keys which you can define, you can select which system environment you like.
DFI brought up the valid point that the purpose of a computer is to record information, yet enthusiasts have had to write down successful overclocking settings on paper with pen since the art began. DFI also told us their CMOS Reloaded technology will not just be included in their INFINITY range but also LANPARTY B series which will be ready soon.
Here are pictures of DFI's INFINITY Canterwood, Springdale and nForce II Ultra motherboards from left to right:
The INFINITY series will hit shop stores soon, moving on...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched