Benchmarks - Single Screen and EyeFinity
Now onto the ever so important benchmarks; Tomb Raider has so many different graphical options, but we've chosen to run the two highest settings, Ultra and Ultimate.
Ultimate turns on the TressFX hair physics, which strains the system much more. At the moment I personally don't have any NVIDIA GPUs to play with, but this should hopefully change in the coming weeks. For now I've used our Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 video cards, in both single and multi-GPU configurations, with both single and multi-monitor resolutions.
I've run both the Ultra and Ultimate tests at 1920x1080 and 5760x1080 with both a single GPU and CrossFire enabled. I've also re-run the tests on each configuration at stock, and overclocked settings. This gives us a great look at how Tomb Raider can stretch your GPU legs.
As you can see, overclocking really helps with Tomb Raider's performance. Running the single Sapphire HD 7970, we went from 55.5 FPS to 63.6 FPS at 1080p with an easy overclock. The same improvement can be seen in the CrossFire results - 104.6 FPS to 121.4 FPS.
EyeFinity is impressive with Tomb Raider, working right out of the box with no setting adjustments required - and performance is equally as impressive. With a single HD 7970, we still see 30.9 FPS.
Doubling the GPU performance provides us with close to double the frame rate, from 30 FPS to 56.9 FPS in Ultra settings.
TressFX brings the GPU down by 10-20% depending on the resolution and overclock. In EyeFinity, we see the overclocked HD 7970 video cards drop from 64.9 FPS under Ultra settings to 53.3 FPS with Ultimate settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording