Benchmarks - Single Screen and EyeFinity
Now onto the ever so important benchmarks; Tomb Raider has so many different graphical options, but we've chosen to run the two highest settings, Ultra and Ultimate.
Ultimate turns on the TressFX hair physics, which strains the system much more. At the moment I personally don't have any NVIDIA GPUs to play with, but this should hopefully change in the coming weeks. For now I've used our Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 video cards, in both single and multi-GPU configurations, with both single and multi-monitor resolutions.
I've run both the Ultra and Ultimate tests at 1920x1080 and 5760x1080 with both a single GPU and CrossFire enabled. I've also re-run the tests on each configuration at stock, and overclocked settings. This gives us a great look at how Tomb Raider can stretch your GPU legs.
As you can see, overclocking really helps with Tomb Raider's performance. Running the single Sapphire HD 7970, we went from 55.5 FPS to 63.6 FPS at 1080p with an easy overclock. The same improvement can be seen in the CrossFire results - 104.6 FPS to 121.4 FPS.
EyeFinity is impressive with Tomb Raider, working right out of the box with no setting adjustments required - and performance is equally as impressive. With a single HD 7970, we still see 30.9 FPS.
Doubling the GPU performance provides us with close to double the frame rate, from 30 FPS to 56.9 FPS in Ultra settings.
TressFX brings the GPU down by 10-20% depending on the resolution and overclock. In EyeFinity, we see the overclocked HD 7970 video cards drop from 64.9 FPS under Ultra settings to 53.3 FPS with Ultimate settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017