IT companies take over Taipei Continued
Surrounded in geek heaven bliss, we walk only a few more steps forward and look up and notice nVidia's lovely Dawn taking over part of a large building. The whole experience of seeing something like this in real life is quite surreal - to be able to look up and see Dawn probably almost 200 meters tall is quite an amazing experience indeed.
Compared to last year, building advertising is up a lot which makes the whole Computex experience that little bit more exciting from a visual prospective. From a business prospective, it could mean the next 12 months in the industry could heat up and become more competitive, or advertising fees have been reduced. We can't say for sure yet.
Something we do notice a switch in this year is the amount of company ad balloons floating around the sky line. As far as I can remember, last year saw many more of these interesting advertising forms around compared to this year. The only balloon worth taking a shot of was an Albatron blimp with complete reign over nearby air space.
More balloons might align the sky line as we awake tomorrow morning, but that remains to be seen. Maybe AMD will out do themselves from last year and have a gigantic Hammer in the sky? Who knows!
And while on the subject of AMD, many will probably remember the gigantic hammer from last year atop of the New York, New York building in the Computex vicinity closest to Hall 2. This year AMD is nowhere to be seen on the building, what do we see in its place? A massive Intel Centrino ad which is easily the biggest ad we have seen so far which does a fair job of dominating one side of the western shopping building and catching the eye.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD