IT companies take over Taipei Continued
Surrounded in geek heaven bliss, we walk only a few more steps forward and look up and notice nVidia's lovely Dawn taking over part of a large building. The whole experience of seeing something like this in real life is quite surreal - to be able to look up and see Dawn probably almost 200 meters tall is quite an amazing experience indeed.
Compared to last year, building advertising is up a lot which makes the whole Computex experience that little bit more exciting from a visual prospective. From a business prospective, it could mean the next 12 months in the industry could heat up and become more competitive, or advertising fees have been reduced. We can't say for sure yet.
Something we do notice a switch in this year is the amount of company ad balloons floating around the sky line. As far as I can remember, last year saw many more of these interesting advertising forms around compared to this year. The only balloon worth taking a shot of was an Albatron blimp with complete reign over nearby air space.
More balloons might align the sky line as we awake tomorrow morning, but that remains to be seen. Maybe AMD will out do themselves from last year and have a gigantic Hammer in the sky? Who knows!
And while on the subject of AMD, many will probably remember the gigantic hammer from last year atop of the New York, New York building in the Computex vicinity closest to Hall 2. This year AMD is nowhere to be seen on the building, what do we see in its place? A massive Intel Centrino ad which is easily the biggest ad we have seen so far which does a fair job of dominating one side of the western shopping building and catching the eye.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- How to use Fallout 4's bottlecap glitch without depleting ammo
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01
- ESL and Intel bring the IEM World Championship back to Katowice on March 4-6, 2016
- Star Wars(TM): Galaxy of Heroes Now Available for Mobile from EA