IT companies take over Taipei
Fast forward many hours and we have arrived in SARS-free Taiwan mid afternoon from our connecting flight from Singapore in rain. After getting settled in at the hotel we couldn't wait to take a five minute walk down to the Computex halls area and have a quick peak at what was happening and what the usually exciting Taipei sky line had to offer this year.
Our Southern hemisphere bodies struggled for the first little while in the high humidity, but we battled on with the rain holding off just enough for us to deliver you the following shots.
As we were walking around close to the action, we were quite surprised to see that even at 5pm, lots of people were still running around frantically trying to finish all their work for the show as quickly as possible, less than 17 hours before the show kicks off 9am tomorrow morning local time. As we walked past one gentleman, he shouted out something to one of his co-workers in Chinese which we can only presume wasn't "G" rated by his body language.
However, we can confirm that the brand new Hall 3 which we were told was built specifically for Computex is complete and ready to roll. The building, while relatively small in comparison to Hall 1 and 2, from the outside looks quite nice and should hopefully help ease crowd masses in the halls. We couldn't get inside to take a closer look.
We walk a little further down the track and around the corner past Hall 3 and noticed a bunch of Intel and AMD advertising is close vicinity. Normally we are used to seeing certain buildings or areas being "owned" with advertising from certain companies each year at Computex most likely accompanied with very lucrative agreements. It was a surprise to see Intel and AMD advertising so close together - suffice to say, this is probably the closest either company will get to each other ever again.
Large Taiwanese motherboard companies, Gigabyte and MSI, also make a large showing in the Taipei sky line with large building ads opposite the front of the Taiwan World Trade Center.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now