If you thought this piece had no point, it does - because I'm going to begin working on a bunch of super high-res, super high frame rate benchmarking in the coming weeks and months. I'm going to acquire two more Samsung DisplayPort-capable, 120Hz monitors. I will have two setups: 3 x Alienware AW2310 23-inch 120Hz monitors and 3 x Samsung S27A950D 27-inch 120Hz monitors.
I'm going to also in the coming months purchase 3 x 30-inch monitors and then we'll be able to offer some truly exclusive multi-monitor content for you.
I hope to be able to test a bunch of GPUs from low, to mid right up to the best of the best from both NVIDIA and AMD, and test outside of our usual benchmarks with some real-world tests, like Battlefield 3. These tests won't be repeatable, and will be FRAPS captured from real-world multi-player gaming. It'll be a very 'this is an average' of what to expect, and from preliminary results - it's only around 10% either way in terms of repeatable average frame rates.
From there, I hope to have enough eyes on the content to try and grab myself a 4K-capable monitor, and then the fun will really begin. I wonder what kind of GPU power you'd need drive triple 4K monitors - it has me salivating at the mere thought of it, what about you?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Discovering 120Hz-capable LCDs]
- Page 3 [EyeFinity and 120Hz - it just doesn't work]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz