If you thought this piece had no point, it does - because I'm going to begin working on a bunch of super high-res, super high frame rate benchmarking in the coming weeks and months. I'm going to acquire two more Samsung DisplayPort-capable, 120Hz monitors. I will have two setups: 3 x Alienware AW2310 23-inch 120Hz monitors and 3 x Samsung S27A950D 27-inch 120Hz monitors.
I'm going to also in the coming months purchase 3 x 30-inch monitors and then we'll be able to offer some truly exclusive multi-monitor content for you.
I hope to be able to test a bunch of GPUs from low, to mid right up to the best of the best from both NVIDIA and AMD, and test outside of our usual benchmarks with some real-world tests, like Battlefield 3. These tests won't be repeatable, and will be FRAPS captured from real-world multi-player gaming. It'll be a very 'this is an average' of what to expect, and from preliminary results - it's only around 10% either way in terms of repeatable average frame rates.
From there, I hope to have enough eyes on the content to try and grab myself a 4K-capable monitor, and then the fun will really begin. I wonder what kind of GPU power you'd need drive triple 4K monitors - it has me salivating at the mere thought of it, what about you?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Discovering 120Hz-capable LCDs]
- Page 3 [EyeFinity and 120Hz - it just doesn't work]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now