Usage of the Software
TRIM Check has no GUI, it runs in a command prompt window. The program is very simple and easy to use. You just copy it on the SSD and run it twice, waiting for at least 30 seconds to a minute between runs in order to ensure accurate results. With most SSDs where TRIM is functional, one minute between runs should suffice.
When executed for the first time, the program will write on specific locations on the SSD. It will then delete the written data and exit.
When you run it for the second time a minute later, it will try to read the exact same locations. If TRIM works you should get zeroes, plus a notification informing you that TRIM is functional.
If the data hasn't been zeroed-out you'll be notified that TRIM is not working or that it hasn't kicked-in yet. In this case I would recommend to wait for at least 10 minutes before running the program for a third time for definite results.
Also note that with some SSDs you may get FF instead of zeroes; this also means that TRIM is alive and doing its job. On the following screenshot I got non-working TRIM. This is an accurate result for my testbed because I also use a certain program that disables TRIM in order to ensure its SSD compatibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform