Usage of the Software
TRIM Check has no GUI, it runs in a command prompt window. The program is very simple and easy to use. You just copy it on the SSD and run it twice, waiting for at least 30 seconds to a minute between runs in order to ensure accurate results. With most SSDs where TRIM is functional, one minute between runs should suffice.
When executed for the first time, the program will write on specific locations on the SSD. It will then delete the written data and exit.
When you run it for the second time a minute later, it will try to read the exact same locations. If TRIM works you should get zeroes, plus a notification informing you that TRIM is functional.
If the data hasn't been zeroed-out you'll be notified that TRIM is not working or that it hasn't kicked-in yet. In this case I would recommend to wait for at least 10 minutes before running the program for a third time for definite results.
Also note that with some SSDs you may get FF instead of zeroes; this also means that TRIM is alive and doing its job. On the following screenshot I got non-working TRIM. This is an accurate result for my testbed because I also use a certain program that disables TRIM in order to ensure its SSD compatibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni