- CoolerMaster Jet 7 Conclusion
We have a very cool looking cooler in the Jet 7 that a lot of people will buy simply because it looks amazing. It was the best performer at load out of the group as far as temperatures went and while the Aero 7+ was very close, the Jet 7 was able to perform on par with it but at a less ear blasting level.
We have no doubt that it will carry a bit of a hefty price tag but we think it deserves a very high 8.5 out of 10. In all another very good cooler from CoolerMaster.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
- CoolerMaster Aero 7+ Conclusion
While the Aero 7+ hasn't really changed from the Aero 7, this version will not catch on fire - at least we sincerely hope not. There were only a few cases of it happening but CoolerMaster took the initiative and recalled all heatsinks and then proceeded to remodel the design.
In all we have a high quality cooler but the chances of people buying this when the Jet 7 is just around the corner will be quite small. A decent cooler that will be phased out shortly thanks to its new big brother.
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
- ThermalTake TR2-M2 Conclusion
Nothing special at all can really be found about this particular cooler - it performs quite poorly and seems to be an exact copy of the Vantec Aero Flow, just cheaper. The TMD fan is suppose to help keep noise down as well as reduce the dead spot and while it may reduce the dead spot, we wouldn't want to hear the same fan wit out the TMD technology implemented into it as it would be an absolute screamer.
If it was a choice between this or the stock AMD cooler, the stock AMD cooler would have our votes. Very dismal ThermalTake!
Rating - 4.5 out of 10
-ThermalTake Silent Boost Conclusion
Here on the other end of the scale, we have an excellent cooler from ThermalTake which performs very well. While it doesn't cool as well as the Jet 7 or Aero 7+, it is extremely quiet that you cannot hear it.
It's going to be perfect for a lot of people and it's definitely one fan that hasn't sacrificed performance for noise. Overall we have an excellent job by ThermalTake and an original design, in contract to the TR2-M2. Thanks to its excellent cooling and ultra low noise, we don't see any reason not to give it our Editor's Choice award.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 2 [CoolerMaster Jet 7]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 3 [CoolerMaster Aero 7+]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 4 [ThermalTake TR2-M2]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 5 [ThermalTake Silent Boost]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 6 [Test System Setup and Testing]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 7 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS3 exclusives coming to PC via PlayStation Now
- No Man's Sky sales fall by a massive 81% in the UK
- Fans recreate Overwatch Plays of the Game in real life
- NVIDIA's GP100 die shot teases Pascal, NVLink and HBM2
- Massachusetts first state to tax Uber, Lyft
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- asrock z97 extreme4 issue
- ASUSTOR AS6208T Eight-Bay SMB NAS Review
- GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming and Intel 750 400GB SSD on the U.2 port, high CPU usage in windows at idle.
- Z170X-Gaming 7 , Front panel headers only working at 2.0
- Sony in-car audio takes the driver's seat with smartphone connectivity
- Cherry announces the MC 4000 precision gaming mouse
- GIGABYTE releases GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards with 3GB memory
- Sharkoon announces the DG7000-G Mid-tower Chassis
- Inno3D unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 3GB video cards