ThermalTake Silent Boost
- Silent Boost
The Silent Boost cooler is one of ThermalTake's latest coolers which were designed to help keep noise to an absolute minimum yet still keep performance as high as possible. Let's have a look at what features the cooler carries.
- The Heatsink
The Silent Boost, like the Aero 7+, uses a full copper base to help give it maximum performance. It has a lot of fins to help give it as much surface area as possible which in turn helps spread the heat more evenly hence lowering the temperature. The heatsink design looks very good and thanks to its large amount of fins, it should perform quite well. We will see how much all the fins help in just a moment.
- The Base
As we mentioned, the Silent boost is an all copper cooler. The bottom of the base is very smooth and also has "www.thermaltake.com" engraved on the bottom. Thankfully it is out the way to the side and wont effect cooling in anyway. The Silent Boost has the smallest base out of the whole batch, yet this shouldn't affect the overall performance, as it has such a large surface area thanks to the many tiny fins used.
- The Fan
ThermalTake have opted for an 80mm fan that pushes a maximum of 27.5 CFM. This is the lowest amount out of our four coolers and could severely impact the performance of the cooler. One excellent thing is that at full speed the fan is a whisper quiet 21 dBA. The fan has a unique frame design to help bring in as much air at possible with a minimum amount of noise. Most of the time people have had to sacrifice performance for silence but ThermalTake are pushing this as a performance cooler.
- The Clip
The clip found on the Silent Boost is exactly the same as the one we saw on the TR2-M2. In the event you skipped the page, the clip is not as good as the design CoolerMaster has implemented into their cooler, but definitely is very good as it prevents the screwdriver from slipping.
- Fan Control
The Silent Boost doesn't come with a fan controller; the main reason for this is that if you quiet it down any more the fan wouldn't be spinning!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 2 [CoolerMaster Jet 7]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 3 [CoolerMaster Aero 7+]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 4 [ThermalTake TR2-M2]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 5 [ThermalTake Silent Boost]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 6 [Test System Setup and Testing]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 7 [Conclusions]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio