CoolerMaster Aero 7+
- Aero 7+
The original Aero 7 did have some problems and was recalled. Since it was such a good cooler CoolerMaster were hard at work creating the new and improved flame-free Aero 7+. Another weird looking cooler on show, fortunately it's not about looks - it's about performance.
- The Heatsink
The Aero 7+ uses an all copper design which causes it to weight slightly more then the Jet 7 cooler. The CoolerMaster logo is printed on one side of the heatsink and the color definitely makes it stand out from the rest. Some people won't like the overall weight of the cooler. The all copper method usually cools better then a mixed one and we will see later on how it performs against its new big brother, the Jet 7, and the other competition.
- The Base
The base of the cooler is very flat and we can't see why you would want to lap it. The flatter bottom is going to give us better contact with the processor core which will overall result in better temperatures. This particular base does feel smoother then the Jet 7 and we will see what it does for temperatures later on.
- The Fan
Here we see another weird looking fan. The design behind this fan, like the one on the Jet 7, is to help eliminate the dead spot that is so common on normal fans. The fan pushes 10.9 CFM @ 1900 RPM and 26.9 CFM @ 3500 RPM. The fan is definitely louder then the Jet 7 but unfortunately CoolerMaster don't have an official dBA rating on their website. We will see if these new fan designs make a difference when it comes to performance or are they purely there to look good and amaze folks in store.
- The Clip
Like the Jet 7, installation is made very easy with a simply push down clip. The need for a screw driver is eliminated thanks to CoolerMaster spending the extra few dollars to create an easy to use clip. It's not uncommon for a screw driver to slip and dive into your motherboard rendering it useless if it touches tracks, etc.
- Fan Control
Like most of the other coolers in the group, we have complete control over the Aero 7+ fan. There isn't much to say about the particular fan control as it is exactly the same one found on the Jet 7.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 2 [CoolerMaster Jet 7]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 3 [CoolerMaster Aero 7+]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 4 [ThermalTake TR2-M2]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 5 [ThermalTake Silent Boost]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 6 [Test System Setup and Testing]
- Athlon XP Heatsink Shootout - Page 7 [Conclusions]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! spotted, a new record breaker?
- PS4K upgrades 'absolutely' required to run VR on PS4 says, dev
- No Man's Sky possibly delayed to August
- Xbox and Windows are merging under Microsoft's Project Helix strategy
- CRYENGINE goes open source, now available for download
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition