AquaMark 3 - High Detail
In the first of our all important AA benchmarks, we see that the Detonator 51.75 drivers offer no improvement over the older drivers - in fact, the new drivers are almost 9% slower! This could indicate that nVidia has sacrificed performance for image quality or they have not optimized their AA part of their drivers under AquaMark 3 very well.
The highly optimized and trusty Radeon 9800 with 128MB less than the FX is a little over 6% faster, which tells us that ATI have done the far better job of their product under DX9 with AA. FX with only 128MB would be much slower than Radeon.
The difference between the FX with older drivers and the Radeon this time is only about 3% faster with the FX with new drivers struggling to keep pace being a massive 22.7% slower.
The difference between the FX with old drivers and the Radeon is almost nothing at only 0.8%, which could almost be the difference between one benchmark run and another. The story doesn't get any better for nVidia here either as they are almost 26% slower than the Radeon with the new drivers.
These sets of AA benchmarks under AquaMark 3 tell us that either nVidia has stuffed up big time with their Detonator 50 series of drivers when it comes to AA or have not yet optimized their drivers for AquaMark 3. To give us some sort of answer to this, we decided to run the Mother Nature test of 3DMark03 which is DX9 compatible - that's on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched