AquaMark 3 - High Detail
In the first of our all important AA benchmarks, we see that the Detonator 51.75 drivers offer no improvement over the older drivers - in fact, the new drivers are almost 9% slower! This could indicate that nVidia has sacrificed performance for image quality or they have not optimized their AA part of their drivers under AquaMark 3 very well.
The highly optimized and trusty Radeon 9800 with 128MB less than the FX is a little over 6% faster, which tells us that ATI have done the far better job of their product under DX9 with AA. FX with only 128MB would be much slower than Radeon.
The difference between the FX with older drivers and the Radeon this time is only about 3% faster with the FX with new drivers struggling to keep pace being a massive 22.7% slower.
The difference between the FX with old drivers and the Radeon is almost nothing at only 0.8%, which could almost be the difference between one benchmark run and another. The story doesn't get any better for nVidia here either as they are almost 26% slower than the Radeon with the new drivers.
These sets of AA benchmarks under AquaMark 3 tell us that either nVidia has stuffed up big time with their Detonator 50 series of drivers when it comes to AA or have not yet optimized their drivers for AquaMark 3. To give us some sort of answer to this, we decided to run the Mother Nature test of 3DMark03 which is DX9 compatible - that's on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99