Image Quality Testing
Massive created a very cool feature in AquaMark 3 which allows you capture screenshots at certain frame points in the benchmark - every 500 or 1000 frame points to be exact - an extremely handy feature for hardware reviewers. So, if you choose every 500, you will end up with 10 screenshots and if you choose every 1000, you will end up with 5 since the benchmark has 5202 frames in total.
The screenshots are saved in the "\My Documents\AquaMark3\" section as a high quality *.TGA files weighing in at about 5MB each when testing at 1600x1200.
Following on from our benchmarks, we took a bunch of different screenshots, 230MB in total, running 1600x1200 with the highest possible quality offered by AquaMark 3 - Level 4 AA and 8x AF with Triple Buffering enabled. We also captured screens at the same resolution at the lowest possible image quality - no AA and trilinear filtering only with Triple Buffering disabled.
Let's get the image quality tests under way. Just remember these screenshots do not represent the actual quality of the game since we have saved these images as JPG which does not carry the quality of the TGA format.
Image Quality - Highest Possible
Below are three screenshots taken at the 1000 frame point in the benchmark at the highest possible quality level. Please click on the image for full size image;
- FX 44.23
- FX 51.75
As far as I am concerned, AA image quality from the old drivers to the new drivers has increase a little bit with the Radeon graphics being a tad worse than nVidia, but only by a small margin. This may explain the drop in performance with the new drivers, but for such a small increase in image quality it seems fairly unlikely.
I am not going to give much commentary on image quality since interpretation varies from person to person. Instead open up the images yourself and decide for yourself. And while you're at, decide for yourself if you would really want to sacrifice frames per second for slight image quality improvement. I know what I would choose at this stage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives