What I will be doing with my Surface Pro
Right now, I split my use between a Windows-based desktop, and an Apple MacBook Air. On both devices, I'm a heavy user of Google - Chrome, in particular. Chrome stores everything from favorites, web history, saved passwords, and included in that I use Gmail - which syncs all of my e-mail across every device I use. Drive is another important part of this, too.
I plan on selling my MBA, and purchasing a Surface Pro, and will use it for those times when I'm on the road, or interstate or overseas covering events. It will replace my OS X-based MBA, and be a perfect companion.
I use a Nexus 7 for my tablet, or my Nexus 4 as my smartphone, and a MBA for productivity when away. The Surface Pro will replace both the N7 and MBA, and become my beautiful all-in-one. It will serve as a tablet, and as a full productivity machine with its desktop-class performance. I will be able to casually game on it, as it has some 3D power in it, versus the ARM-based design of its less-powered little brother.
Thanks to Windows 8, the Surface Pro can dynamically switch between being a full-fledged notebook, to an excellent tablet thanks to its touchscreen. I'm not a big fan of touchscreens on notebooks or desktops, and won't be touching the device - as I'll use the physical keyboard and a wireless mouse, but being able to have the option of using it as a tablet eliminates the need to own a separate tablet.
This is huge for me - as I'm a massive Android fan, mostly because of Google's many services and it's clean OS on Nexus devices. I'm getting tired of the UI overlays from Samsung, HTC and co, and this is where Surface Pro drags me deeper into its abyss. Damn you, Microsoft.
Sporting proper USB 3.0 ports, and a miniDP port - it gives it some excellent versatility. External storage, monitors, speakers, mice, keyboards - you name it - anything that connects through USB will work with the Surface Pro. Apple should be very scared of this fact alone.
I've never been more excited to own a Microsoft device, and this worries me. I have faith in them delivering an outstanding product, and something I look forward to not only reviewing, but having by my side as my day-to-day machine. We will be having multiple pieces written here at TweakTown on Microsoft's Surface Pro, that's for sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and What we should expect from the Surface Pro?]
- Page 2 [What I will be doing with my Surface Pro]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER