By now most of us know of Intel's latest introduction to the Pentium 4 platform, the i865 chipsets. These new chipsets are designed to take on certain sectors, including super low budget, integrated solutions and mainstream desktop.
While Intel planned for the i875P to take the gold, to the market's surprise i865PE chipsets have proven to be just as fast. And with all the major features of the i875P such as support for Serial ATA RAID, CSA networking and Dual Channel DDR-400 memory, it is no wonder that the i865PE has become the weapon of choice.
Today at TweakTown we have been looking at the market and have noticed that different motherboard manufacturers produce different styles and quality of boards. Looking further, motherboard manufacturers are divided into tiers. ABIT, ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI take up the Tier 1, top line boards. EPoX, Soyo and Shuttle (amongst others) make up Tier 2; cost effective yet powerful boards. ECS, Albatron, PCChips, Asrock and FIC make up Tier 3; low-end motherboards.
This month, we will be putting the best of Tier 1, best of Tier 2 and best of Tier 3 motherboards head to head. Today we are doing Tier 1, ABIT vs. Gigabyte.
From ABIT, we have acquired the IS7-G; the top of the line i865PE board from the well known overclocking kings. In the other corner, we have Gigabyte's 8PENXP, the successor to the 8KNXP Canterwood board with just as many features. Who will take out the gold? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 3 [Features - Gigabyte 8PENXP]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 4 [Features Continued - Gigabyte 8PENXP]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 5 [Features - ABIT IS7-G]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Abit vs. Gigabyte - Page 15 [Conclusions]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent