Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is a refinement of an already great Android 4.1 OS. On one hand, we have an incredibly smart mobile operating system which takes parts from all of Google's different operations, Maps, Gmail, Location data, and more - and aggregates them in a form that is very useful to people in the form of Google Now.
Google Now, to me, is going to become one of those things that we kind of dismissed in the past - but has become so much of an everyday thing in our lives, we wonder how we lived without it before. I think we're going to see Google Now 2.0 baked into Google's Project Glass - and between now and then, Google are going to rough those edges and perfect it to a damn masterpiece - I'm that confident in it.
Android 4.2 doesn't change too much up, because there wasn't that much that needed to be changed from Android 4.1. All that was required was to just open her back up again, and pull a few levers - and this is precisely what Google have done.
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has proven to the world that Google is here to stay as the mobile OS king - iOS doesn't compare to Android 4.2, and Apple have a very hard path ahead of them.
Google's UI for Android is so beautiful, widgets, its customizability, ease of use and accessibility make it hard for other players to compete. Sure, iOS is great - but after using Android 4.x, it feels stale, old, and boxed in. Google are constantly refining Android, changing the UI on what feels like a quarterly basis - but always for the better (since Honeycomb, at least).
What excites me even more is what Google will introduce with its truly next-gen OS, Android 5.0. Are we going to see such a leap forward, that we can't even imagine what the UI or features would be? How many more features can Google cram into an already impressive mobile OS? Can we expect an UI overhaul? I don't think we need one, but Google are constantly surprising me.
Google - surprise me even more, I want more reasons to believe you are going to be the leading OS company within a few years' time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New abilities found in Android 4.2]
- Page 3 [New abilities found in Android 4.2 cont.]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now