Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is a refinement of an already great Android 4.1 OS. On one hand, we have an incredibly smart mobile operating system which takes parts from all of Google's different operations, Maps, Gmail, Location data, and more - and aggregates them in a form that is very useful to people in the form of Google Now.
Google Now, to me, is going to become one of those things that we kind of dismissed in the past - but has become so much of an everyday thing in our lives, we wonder how we lived without it before. I think we're going to see Google Now 2.0 baked into Google's Project Glass - and between now and then, Google are going to rough those edges and perfect it to a damn masterpiece - I'm that confident in it.
Android 4.2 doesn't change too much up, because there wasn't that much that needed to be changed from Android 4.1. All that was required was to just open her back up again, and pull a few levers - and this is precisely what Google have done.
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has proven to the world that Google is here to stay as the mobile OS king - iOS doesn't compare to Android 4.2, and Apple have a very hard path ahead of them.
Google's UI for Android is so beautiful, widgets, its customizability, ease of use and accessibility make it hard for other players to compete. Sure, iOS is great - but after using Android 4.x, it feels stale, old, and boxed in. Google are constantly refining Android, changing the UI on what feels like a quarterly basis - but always for the better (since Honeycomb, at least).
What excites me even more is what Google will introduce with its truly next-gen OS, Android 5.0. Are we going to see such a leap forward, that we can't even imagine what the UI or features would be? How many more features can Google cram into an already impressive mobile OS? Can we expect an UI overhaul? I don't think we need one, but Google are constantly surprising me.
Google - surprise me even more, I want more reasons to believe you are going to be the leading OS company within a few years' time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [New abilities found in Android 4.2]
- Page 3 [New abilities found in Android 4.2 cont.]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair