Arctic Silver has long been the standard that all others are measured by, and rightfully so. Their product line not only started at a level of performance higher than all others, but they continued to come up with improvements to their compounds to make them even better.
But being a standard means that you are setting the bar at a level for others to meet, and folks, all three of these thermal compounds did just that. With no more than half a degree separating all tests run, I can wholeheartedly state that any of these products will meet the requirements of even the most hardcore of enthusiast.
Both of the Arctic Silver compounds provided an extremely smooth texture that made them very well suited for processor applications. And while the OCZ Ultra II was a bit thicker, it still made easy work of an overclocked Athlon XP. And this added texture will make it ideal for use with GPU/VPU cores on video cards.
If I have to pick an overall winner, I will have to choose the new Arctic Silver Ceramique. Its smooth texture, lower price and slightly better heat transfer qualities make it just that little bit better than the others tested, but make no mistake that I would not hesitate to recommend ANY of these products to our readers.
Bottom line...If you've been looking for a quality TIM that has what it takes to handle the nastiest overclock you can come up with, then choose any of these fine thermal interface materials. You will certainly not be disappointed.
Because of the high performance of all of these products, each of them have shown themselves to have what it takes to earn the TweakTown Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes