Arctic Silver has long been the standard that all others are measured by, and rightfully so. Their product line not only started at a level of performance higher than all others, but they continued to come up with improvements to their compounds to make them even better.
But being a standard means that you are setting the bar at a level for others to meet, and folks, all three of these thermal compounds did just that. With no more than half a degree separating all tests run, I can wholeheartedly state that any of these products will meet the requirements of even the most hardcore of enthusiast.
Both of the Arctic Silver compounds provided an extremely smooth texture that made them very well suited for processor applications. And while the OCZ Ultra II was a bit thicker, it still made easy work of an overclocked Athlon XP. And this added texture will make it ideal for use with GPU/VPU cores on video cards.
If I have to pick an overall winner, I will have to choose the new Arctic Silver Ceramique. Its smooth texture, lower price and slightly better heat transfer qualities make it just that little bit better than the others tested, but make no mistake that I would not hesitate to recommend ANY of these products to our readers.
Bottom line...If you've been looking for a quality TIM that has what it takes to handle the nastiest overclock you can come up with, then choose any of these fine thermal interface materials. You will certainly not be disappointed.
Because of the high performance of all of these products, each of them have shown themselves to have what it takes to earn the TweakTown Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse