OCZ Ultra II
OCZ is a relative newcomer in the ranks of the thermal compound market. While they have been making peripherals and components aimed at the enthusiast crowd for some time, they have only recently delved into the making of goop.
Like the Arctic Silver III, OCZ Ultra II consists of a non-silicone blend of polysynthetic oils with a blend of micronized silver. The benefits will be the same as the aforementioned AS3. And while OCZ states that their compound is also not electrically conductive, I would still recommend the same precautions regarding this compound coming into contact with your processor bridges.
Applying the OCZ Ultra II is a simple matter, but the thicker consistency makes it harder to get a smooth coating. Just make sure that you have a thin covering of TIM and you'll be fine. The texture of the compound will allow it to easily fill in any small gaps between the processor core and the heatsink. I found this to be exceptionally good when working with video boards, which tend to have a much larger gap between the GPU/VPU and the heatsink.
OCZ Ultra II comes in 3 gram syringes and should easily cover 25 or more AMD sized processor cores. The added thickness will keep you from getting quite as many applications as other compounds, but there is certainly enough for a large number of jobs. Cost for this TIM is US$5.99 or roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- I am the new guy
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20