Arctic Silver III
Arctic Silver III is a silver based TIM. It contains micronized silver and boron nitride blended into a mixture of polysynthetic oils. Pretty fancy words, but what it amounts to is a silver based compound that has been placed into a non-silicone base suspension material. This means that you get the superior cooling potential of silver, which is one of the best heat conductors available. It also means that you don't get any crummy silicone based compound that makes more of a mess than it gives heat transfer capability. Silicone also tends to lose its consistency over time so will lose any initial heat transfer properties as it resides on your processor core for extended periods of time.
Another feature of this compound is that it claims to be electrically non-conductive. While this may be true in essence, it does have the ability to carry enough of a charge to short out your processor if you are messy and get it on the bridges. While not a surety, there is a chance. But with the reputation of this company and this compound, it is a chance that uncounted thousands have been willing to take.
Application of the AS3 compound is a matter of ease. The consistency is very smooth and it is a simple matter to get a smooth coating of this TIM onto your processor or GPU/VPU. Cleanup is also easy since a small cotton swab or lint free cloth with some Isopropyl Alcohol will readily remove the compound.
Arctic Silver III is sold most commonly in a 3 gram syringe. This should be enough to handle at least 25-30 AMD sized processor cores and likely a good deal more. Cost for this quantity is US$5.99, which works out to roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset