Arctic Silver III
Arctic Silver III is a silver based TIM. It contains micronized silver and boron nitride blended into a mixture of polysynthetic oils. Pretty fancy words, but what it amounts to is a silver based compound that has been placed into a non-silicone base suspension material. This means that you get the superior cooling potential of silver, which is one of the best heat conductors available. It also means that you don't get any crummy silicone based compound that makes more of a mess than it gives heat transfer capability. Silicone also tends to lose its consistency over time so will lose any initial heat transfer properties as it resides on your processor core for extended periods of time.
Another feature of this compound is that it claims to be electrically non-conductive. While this may be true in essence, it does have the ability to carry enough of a charge to short out your processor if you are messy and get it on the bridges. While not a surety, there is a chance. But with the reputation of this company and this compound, it is a chance that uncounted thousands have been willing to take.
Application of the AS3 compound is a matter of ease. The consistency is very smooth and it is a simple matter to get a smooth coating of this TIM onto your processor or GPU/VPU. Cleanup is also easy since a small cotton swab or lint free cloth with some Isopropyl Alcohol will readily remove the compound.
Arctic Silver III is sold most commonly in a 3 gram syringe. This should be enough to handle at least 25-30 AMD sized processor cores and likely a good deal more. Cost for this quantity is US$5.99, which works out to roughly $2.00/gram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis