With processors and video boards getting more powerful, they are also getting considerably hotter. Anyone with a computer needs to take a look at cooling. But there is more to this topic than just a good heatsink. There also has to be a manner to transfer the heat built up from the processor TO that good heatsink. This is where a good Thermal Interface Material (TIM) comes into play.
Since enthusiasts started cooking their processors at record speeds and temperatures, there has been Arctic Silver. Since the first iteration of this venerable TIM it has become the standard of which all other compounds are measured. But there are more players in the arena nowadays.
Today we will take a look at three hot products in this realm of goop; the vaunted Arctic Silver III, the newest AS product Arctic Silver Ceramique, and a silver based TIM from OCZ Technologies called OCZ Ultra II. We're going to try to test these compounds to see if they have what it takes to be a contender to protect your own precious processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched