The other day we got the chance to look at the PowerColor DEVIL13 Radeon HD 7990 6GB and found ourselves very impressed with what PowerColor had put together. Today, though, we wanted to see how the overclocking side of things went. When we start to move into these own design cards overclocking can sometimes go one of two ways. The situation is often made worse when you throw two GPUs on a single PCB.
Due to the fact that we've already looked at the card in full detail we won't be going over it again. If you want to have a closer look at the bundle that PowerColor has put together alongside a closer look at the card itself, we recommend you head on over to the standalone review we linked to above.
If you're not interested or you've already seen it then we'll just get into the overclocking side of things to see what exactly we could do with the card today. Once we've covered how we went with overclocking we'll then check out our Test System Setup, cover the cards that you'll see in our graphs today and then get straight into the benchmarking side of things.
First things first, though, we need to fire up MSI Afterburner, adjust some voltages and slowly take the time to increase the core and memory clock of this dual GPU beast before finding out just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the PowerColor DEVIL13 HD 7990 6GB.
Looking at MSI Afterburner we were greeted with the ability to adjust both the core voltage and the memory voltage with the latter not being an option that's always available. With both of those settings maxed out it's time to start bumping the core clock till we find our system is unstable.
Moving from the stock 1000MHz we managed to get just over a 10% increase in core clock with both GPUs coming in at 1125MHz.
As for the 6GB of GDDR5 that managed to get pushed too a nice round sounding 6000MHz QDR. Of course you then have to remember that the core clock increase applies to two cores instead of just the normal one.
We should see some nice increases in performance so let's look at our Test System Setup and see just what we're able to get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis