Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
The single request 4K read speed measured at just over 40MB/s on the single SLC drive and that increased to 48MB/s on the RAID 0 array. The SLC flash also allows the drive to scale much better when the queue depths are increased compared to the other SandForce based 120GB models.
We often talk about the SandForce 120GB brick wall when looking at the incompressible data flow, but as you can see, the S301 doesn't have a problem with that. Also, the incompressible sequential write performance is still over 500MB/s. For a year and a half we thought the SandForce controller was the limiting factor in lower than Marvell incompressible performance, but as you can see, when paired with the right flash, the brick wall effect is overcome.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [MDSSD TweakTown Chris Ramseyer Signature Edition by SuperSSpeed SLC SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.