PC Case Gear
James and the team at PC Case Gear is wildly known in Australia for their large range of case modding material and thankfully for us they are only a 5 minute drive away allowing us to experiment with all the latest modding gear before many others. This month they provided us with some of their newer products ranging from Case Wraps to the latest in external modding to the new Sunbeam window kits that have just hit our shores - and even more.
- Sunbeam PSU Mod
The PSU mod is something new to the case modding market and while it has been seen in the past it hasn't been pushed. Sunbeam has recently released their version of the PSU mod and comes in a series of colors and options. The following colors are available: blue, red, yellow, orange and clear with a UV Reactive blue coming soon. Once you have decided on the color, you can then decide if you're after one with or without a fan hole.
The kits are an absolute breeze to install with the hardest part taking off the old cover. Once you have removed the cover, place the double sided tape on your PSU and proceed to place the new cover on top of it. Once placed on properly, apply a little pressure to where the tape is to prevent it from coming off and then place the PSU back in your computer as you normally would.
Once it is installed it really does look quite cool and adds a little something to your case - as well as the ability to make an aging, dusty, PSU attractive once more. The only problem when installing the PSU mod is that you will void any warranty on your PSU.
- Sunbeam Etched Window Kit
The case window is the most vital mod when it comes to case modding; it is the first thing people think of when modding. Etched window kits are designed to be used in conjunction with a Lazer LED and as the name suggests, it comes pre-etched with a range of different designs.
Installation is no different to any other window kit, you do have to manually cut your case and install it, unfortunately we didn't have the chance to install it due to time restrictions but the window kit is what we are looking at. It comes with gold tubing to go outside of the window instead of boring black tubing and everything you will need to get it installed in your case.
One thing worth taking note of is that the window really does have to be cut quite precisely. In the situation where you cut the hole for where the window fits too large, you could end up with a fair bit of grief trying to figure out how to mount it properly.
The kit is going to be good for some people but if you are fortunate enough to have a case from such companies as Antec, ThermalTake, Lian Li and so forth you may be better off simply purchasing one of their pre-modded window sides and installing an applique due to its ease of installation which may cause some people to give this kit from Sunbeam a miss.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni