Full Height Cards and AFM-700
The full height 72405 allows all 24 ports to be brought to bear in direct attach, without the use of an expander. It is of note that even though these are full height, they are still only half-length, keeping the footprint as low as possible for deployment.
This graphic details the connection schemes and form factors for the entire product family.
The AFM-700 is a Supercap with attached NAND. This will flush all cached data to the onboard NAND in the event of a power loss.
There are a few new features worthy of note with these Supercaps, one being an attached temperature monitor. This will allow the administrator to monitor the temperature of the capacitors and the environment of the RAID controller, remotely.
These Supercaps are rated for a five year lifespan at high temperatures and the lifespan can be even higher in lower temperatures. An important new feature is the ability for a full measure of the NAND and Supercap health without discharging. Many competing solutions require full power discharge to determine the remaining life. This requires the DRAM caching to be taken off-line for extended periods of time during the process. This can lead to interruptions in the speed of service. Adaptec looks to avoid interruptions with this new technique.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4