Full Height Cards and AFM-700
The full height 72405 allows all 24 ports to be brought to bear in direct attach, without the use of an expander. It is of note that even though these are full height, they are still only half-length, keeping the footprint as low as possible for deployment.
This graphic details the connection schemes and form factors for the entire product family.
The AFM-700 is a Supercap with attached NAND. This will flush all cached data to the onboard NAND in the event of a power loss.
There are a few new features worthy of note with these Supercaps, one being an attached temperature monitor. This will allow the administrator to monitor the temperature of the capacitors and the environment of the RAID controller, remotely.
These Supercaps are rated for a five year lifespan at high temperatures and the lifespan can be even higher in lower temperatures. An important new feature is the ability for a full measure of the NAND and Supercap health without discharging. Many competing solutions require full power discharge to determine the remaining life. This requires the DRAM caching to be taken off-line for extended periods of time during the process. This can lead to interruptions in the speed of service. Adaptec looks to avoid interruptions with this new technique.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards