Full Height Cards and AFM-700
The full height 72405 allows all 24 ports to be brought to bear in direct attach, without the use of an expander. It is of note that even though these are full height, they are still only half-length, keeping the footprint as low as possible for deployment.
This graphic details the connection schemes and form factors for the entire product family.
The AFM-700 is a Supercap with attached NAND. This will flush all cached data to the onboard NAND in the event of a power loss.
There are a few new features worthy of note with these Supercaps, one being an attached temperature monitor. This will allow the administrator to monitor the temperature of the capacitors and the environment of the RAID controller, remotely.
These Supercaps are rated for a five year lifespan at high temperatures and the lifespan can be even higher in lower temperatures. An important new feature is the ability for a full measure of the NAND and Supercap health without discharging. Many competing solutions require full power discharge to determine the remaining life. This requires the DRAM caching to be taken off-line for extended periods of time during the process. This can lead to interruptions in the speed of service. Adaptec looks to avoid interruptions with this new technique.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni