Features of the Albatron KM18G Pro
Board and Layout
KM18G Pro from Albatron is the only Micro ATX motherboard in our roundup. Measuring 244 x 244 mm, it is not the smallest Micro ATX motherboard on the market. While small the board is set out well in most regards.
As far as expansion slots onboard go you get a single AGP slot supporting 4x and 8x transfers and three PCI slots giving enough potential for most of the demanding micro systems. Connectors on the boards are, for the most part, placed well. IDE and floppy connectors have been placed behind the DIMM sockets; this is what we want to see from a full ATX board. The power connector on the other hand could have been done better. Like most nForce2 boards, it is placed between the north bridge heatsink and the I/O back ports.
Chipset and Memory
For its first nForce2 motherboard, Albatron has chosen to use the nForce2 IGP and the MCP south bridge. This gives DDR-400 Dual Channel memory support, integrated GeForce4 MX graphics - all of which are used. Like the Soltek nForce2 motherboard, Albatron colour coded the DIMM sockets to show you how to get 128bit memory working within seconds of installation.
Overclocking - Hop, Skip and Miss?
While Albatron has came out of nowhere with its push into the overclockers market, the KM18G Pro is definitely aimed more at integrators rather than overclockers.
In the BIOS under the Frequency / Voltage control menu you are given very limited overclocking options to the Soltek motherboard - simple FSB adjustments from 100MHz up to 200MHz in 1MHz increments, and CPU voltage up to 1.7v giving us nothing to write home about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 2 [Specifications - Chaintech and EPoX]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 3 [Specifications - Soltek and Albatron]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 4 [Specifications - Shuttle and ABIT]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 5 [Specifications - ABIT and Gigabyte]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 6 [Features - Chaintech 7NJS Zenith]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 7 [Features - EPoX 8RDA+]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 8 [Features - Soltek 75MRN]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 9 [Features - Albatron KM18G Pro]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 10 [Features - Shuttle AN35-400]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 11 [Features - ABIT NF7-S]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 12 [Features - ABIT NF7-M]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 13 [Features - Gigabyte GA-7NNXP]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003 SP1]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - System and Multimedia Productivity]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 17 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 18 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- nForce 2 Roundup - Page 19 [Final Thoughts on our Candidates]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter