High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Starting our AA and AF tests with Mafia II we can see that our increases are strong which again see us floating around the GTX 670 and GTX 680 level of performance. Like every other video card here, though, 2560 x 1600 just isn't an option, as we see all models fall below that 60 FPS number that we aim for that provides a smooth gaming experience.
Aliens vs. Predator sees some strong gains, but you can see we're behind the GTX 670 by a decent chunk still in this case, while overall we're just below that 60 FPS mark that we want at both resolutions. Only the HD 7970's manage to break the 60 FPS barrier at 1920 x 1200, while all cards fail to hit it at the more intensive 2560 x 1600 resolution.
Looking above you can see the overclock we managed to achieve out of the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition is enough to break that 30 FPS minimum we need at 2560 x 1600. While people argue that Far Cry 2 isn't intensive, you can see that even powerful modern day video cards like the GTX 660 Ti struggle at running the game at its highest resolution.
Metro 2033 sees the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition still fall behind the GTX 670 when overclocked, which means we fall shy of that 60 FPS number that we want to hit at 1920 x 1200. Of course missing it at 1920 x 1200 means that it's not an option when we move to 2560 x 1600, too.
Finally we finish with Just Cause 2 and we see some nice gains which give us playable numbers at 1920 x 1200, but you can see like all our other video cards here; we again fail to hit the 60 FPS number that we want when we move to 2560 x 1600.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- Nintendo Switch may have extra power while docked
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has 1080p enhancements on PS4 Pro
- Build your own code-free apps with this 6-course bundle
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system