HD Tune Pro
Just like with the reviews, these early tests are more for conditioning the drive, getting the flash read and written to. At the same time we get to see fresh out of box performance.
I'm not going to comment on all of the tests, but a few will get the analyst treatment. After the HD Tune Pro tests we can see in HD Tach that the working TRIM drive is in much better shape than the broken TRIM drive. The average write speed is already 100MB/s faster or in this case, 100MB/s more performance is retained.
Notice that each graph is on a different scale.
AIDA64 Random Access Time
The write access times (latency) are much smoother on the working TRIM model. As you can see, just from the light use we've already put these drives through the non-TRIM firmware is already going through the full read, erase, write cycle whereas the other drive gets the shortcut we call TRIM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [TRIM arrives on 5-Series Code - But you have to wait for it]
- Page 3 [But what about all of those reviews?]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and A Modified Look at Testing]
- Page 5 [Unformatted Tests, Sequential and Access Times]
- Page 6 [ATTO and PCMark Vantage Light Use]
- Page 7 [Incompressible Data Tests]
- Page 8 [Enterprise Testing]
- Page 9 [Compressible vs. Incompressible]
- Page 10 [Data on Drive - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched