HD Tune Pro
Just like with the reviews, these early tests are more for conditioning the drive, getting the flash read and written to. At the same time we get to see fresh out of box performance.
I'm not going to comment on all of the tests, but a few will get the analyst treatment. After the HD Tune Pro tests we can see in HD Tach that the working TRIM drive is in much better shape than the broken TRIM drive. The average write speed is already 100MB/s faster or in this case, 100MB/s more performance is retained.
Notice that each graph is on a different scale.
AIDA64 Random Access Time
The write access times (latency) are much smoother on the working TRIM model. As you can see, just from the light use we've already put these drives through the non-TRIM firmware is already going through the full read, erase, write cycle whereas the other drive gets the shortcut we call TRIM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [TRIM arrives on 5-Series Code - But you have to wait for it]
- Page 3 [But what about all of those reviews?]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and A Modified Look at Testing]
- Page 5 [Unformatted Tests, Sequential and Access Times]
- Page 6 [ATTO and PCMark Vantage Light Use]
- Page 7 [Incompressible Data Tests]
- Page 8 [Enterprise Testing]
- Page 9 [Compressible vs. Incompressible]
- Page 10 [Data on Drive - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives