You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
In order to fully utilize SATA III you need a system with native SATA III support. P67, Z68, Z77 and X79 systems are preferred, but AMD has made advances in their newer SATA III systems as well. Older X58 systems with Marvell based SATA III ports do not deliver the same high levels of performance, so we recommend newer systems when available.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB with 1.4RC Firmware
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB with 184.108.40.206 Firmware
Across the board we see performance increases to both read and write speeds. These take place in every transfer size. ATTO is used by manufacturers to show claimed maximum performance and as you see here OCZ can now claim 511MB/s write speed, up from 470MB/s. The maximum read performance claim is now 560MB/s, up from just over 540MB/s.
The read performance of 562MB/s is the best we've seen to date on a 2.5" form factor SSD. This puts the Vertex 4 256GB drive right up against the limits of what we think is possible with SATA III.
Further Reading: Read and find more Storage content at our Storage reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- Win a trip to Computex 2015 from GIGABYTE by overclocking your PC
- Apple teases media event for March 9, could we meet the Apple Watch?
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse