Chameleon springs are a brand new product that is just about to be released to the market. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of information on the company that sent them to us so we will simply get straight into having a look at them.
- Chameleon Springs
If you simply handed this product to someone they would most likely not have the slightest idea what it is used for.
Chameleon springs are aimed at the modder who wants to tidy up those messy wires inside that beautiful case of theirs. At the end of the day chameleon springs are just a fancy name for Wire Loom.
The first thing you notice is that it won't look as good as the Wire Loom that Custom Cases has on offer here or any other type of wire loom with the similar design to the one we looked at earlier. The main reason for this is that you are still going to see the wires under the clear springs. This is better for tiding up your wires, while wire loom is better for making them look good at the same time which is what a case modder wants. If you can't hide it in a case then pretty it up, wire loom does this where chameleon springs don't. While they are capable of getting the wires together tightly you still see all the individual strands of red, blue and yellow.
On the other hand if the company producing these started offering the product in a range of colours this may make it look a lot better. This is something that the company should experiment with; the clear color doesn't help make your wires look any better but do help keep them together so you don't get caught on them when inside your case, and of course help air flow inside it. Instillation is very easily and involves simply twirling them on to your wires, a range of sizes are also available so you won't have a problem covering your ATX connector and your thinner cables.
While the chameleon springs do what they are supposed to do, unfortunately they don't do it as well as the very simple wire loom that Custom Cases and most car auto accessory places do. In the near future we look forward to seeing a greater range of colors. This alone would add more appeal to the chameleon springs. At the end of the day most people will choose to go for classic wire loom for its availability and its wide range of colors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GGG May 2003 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 2 [Custom Cases]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 3 [Custom Cases Continued]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 4 [Vantec]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 6 [PC Toys]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 7 [Altech Computers]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 8 [Chameleon Springs]
- GGG May 2003 - Page 9 [3 Men and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software