It's been over a year since our last deep dive into QNAP's software and quite a bit has changed since then.
QNAP, never one to rest on their previous accomplishments has improved upon existing features and also added several new functions to their NAS products. One of the greatest features of the software is that the new features are backward compatible with your existing QNAP NAS; you don't have to purchase a new appliance to take advantage of QNAP's new developments.
A few months ago we dove right into QNAP's new MyCloudNAS Service, but several other features were added in the 3.6 software release that we haven't covered. Among those are a new VPN Server, LDAP Server, Storage Plug & Play and Proxy Server. Improvements were also made to the Music Station, Photo Station, QPKG Center, Backup Services and a new Web File Manager with URL Sharing.
Today we're going to take a rare look at the inner software functions of QNAP's new 3.6 software. We are using the new QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP server for this deep dive. A review of the amazing TS-EC1279U-RP will come in a few days, so make sure to check back soon for that as well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [QNAP Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Getting Connected - the Log in Process]
- Page 4 [System Administration]
- Page 5 [Disk Management]
- Page 6 [Access Right Management]
- Page 7 [Network Services]
- Page 8 [Application Server Functions]
- Page 9 [Backup and External Device]
- Page 10 [MyCloudNAS and System Status]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4