It's been over a year since our last deep dive into QNAP's software and quite a bit has changed since then.
QNAP, never one to rest on their previous accomplishments has improved upon existing features and also added several new functions to their NAS products. One of the greatest features of the software is that the new features are backward compatible with your existing QNAP NAS; you don't have to purchase a new appliance to take advantage of QNAP's new developments.
A few months ago we dove right into QNAP's new MyCloudNAS Service, but several other features were added in the 3.6 software release that we haven't covered. Among those are a new VPN Server, LDAP Server, Storage Plug & Play and Proxy Server. Improvements were also made to the Music Station, Photo Station, QPKG Center, Backup Services and a new Web File Manager with URL Sharing.
Today we're going to take a rare look at the inner software functions of QNAP's new 3.6 software. We are using the new QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP server for this deep dive. A review of the amazing TS-EC1279U-RP will come in a few days, so make sure to check back soon for that as well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [QNAP Software Specifications]
- Page 3 [Getting Connected - the Log in Process]
- Page 4 [System Administration]
- Page 5 [Disk Management]
- Page 6 [Access Right Management]
- Page 7 [Network Services]
- Page 8 [Application Server Functions]
- Page 9 [Backup and External Device]
- Page 10 [MyCloudNAS and System Status]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings