Antec have done an excellent job on these two cases which are both aimed at two different markets. The Sonata is aimed at people who are interested in having the quietest system possible, with rubber used throughout the case instead of metal screws; vibration is absorbed and can help stop any noise throughout the case. On the other end of the scale if noise doesn't bother you and your more interested in having a nice light weight case that includes a window the Lanboy is perfect for you.
If you are in either of the categories and in the market for a new case it is defiantly worth taking note of these two cases. Priced very competitively these will be perfect for a lot of people, the Sonata with its killer paint job and silent features and the Lanboy with its light weight and pre-modded window is defiantly an excellent case for people who don't want to spend a fortune or the time to conduct their own mods.
It would be easy to compare the cases against some others manufactures like Lian Li, but it wouldn't be fare. Overall Antec have been able to produce a case that may not be as solid as Lian Li but is priced a lot more competitively. You also need to factor in that the Antec comes with a power supply unlike some of the other manufactures like Lian Li and ThermalTake who have chosen not to install one. At the end of the day you can tell the difference when it comes to Antecs cases priced at $90 US (roughly $180 AU) and Lian Lis priced at $140 US (roughly $280 AU)
Both the Antec Sonata and Lanboy have our seal of approval, here are our final impressions.
Antec Sonata Rating: 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
- Beautiful paint job
- Excellent "quiet" features
- Excellent price
- Steel making it fairly heavy
Antec Lanboy Rating: 8 out of 10
- Excellent price
- Pre Modded Window
- Good features for LAN gamer
- Lacks a lot of features compared to Sonata
- No included fans
- Not as durable as competitors
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni