Antec have done an excellent job on these two cases which are both aimed at two different markets. The Sonata is aimed at people who are interested in having the quietest system possible, with rubber used throughout the case instead of metal screws; vibration is absorbed and can help stop any noise throughout the case. On the other end of the scale if noise doesn't bother you and your more interested in having a nice light weight case that includes a window the Lanboy is perfect for you.
If you are in either of the categories and in the market for a new case it is defiantly worth taking note of these two cases. Priced very competitively these will be perfect for a lot of people, the Sonata with its killer paint job and silent features and the Lanboy with its light weight and pre-modded window is defiantly an excellent case for people who don't want to spend a fortune or the time to conduct their own mods.
It would be easy to compare the cases against some others manufactures like Lian Li, but it wouldn't be fare. Overall Antec have been able to produce a case that may not be as solid as Lian Li but is priced a lot more competitively. You also need to factor in that the Antec comes with a power supply unlike some of the other manufactures like Lian Li and ThermalTake who have chosen not to install one. At the end of the day you can tell the difference when it comes to Antecs cases priced at $90 US (roughly $180 AU) and Lian Lis priced at $140 US (roughly $280 AU)
Both the Antec Sonata and Lanboy have our seal of approval, here are our final impressions.
Antec Sonata Rating: 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
- Beautiful paint job
- Excellent "quiet" features
- Excellent price
- Steel making it fairly heavy
Antec Lanboy Rating: 8 out of 10
- Excellent price
- Pre Modded Window
- Good features for LAN gamer
- Lacks a lot of features compared to Sonata
- No included fans
- Not as durable as competitors
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now