Antec have done an excellent job on these two cases which are both aimed at two different markets. The Sonata is aimed at people who are interested in having the quietest system possible, with rubber used throughout the case instead of metal screws; vibration is absorbed and can help stop any noise throughout the case. On the other end of the scale if noise doesn't bother you and your more interested in having a nice light weight case that includes a window the Lanboy is perfect for you.
If you are in either of the categories and in the market for a new case it is defiantly worth taking note of these two cases. Priced very competitively these will be perfect for a lot of people, the Sonata with its killer paint job and silent features and the Lanboy with its light weight and pre-modded window is defiantly an excellent case for people who don't want to spend a fortune or the time to conduct their own mods.
It would be easy to compare the cases against some others manufactures like Lian Li, but it wouldn't be fare. Overall Antec have been able to produce a case that may not be as solid as Lian Li but is priced a lot more competitively. You also need to factor in that the Antec comes with a power supply unlike some of the other manufactures like Lian Li and ThermalTake who have chosen not to install one. At the end of the day you can tell the difference when it comes to Antecs cases priced at $90 US (roughly $180 AU) and Lian Lis priced at $140 US (roughly $280 AU)
Both the Antec Sonata and Lanboy have our seal of approval, here are our final impressions.
Antec Sonata Rating: 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
- Beautiful paint job
- Excellent "quiet" features
- Excellent price
- Steel making it fairly heavy
Antec Lanboy Rating: 8 out of 10
- Excellent price
- Pre Modded Window
- Good features for LAN gamer
- Lacks a lot of features compared to Sonata
- No included fans
- Not as durable as competitors
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio