Like the Sonata case you are greeted by a pile of cables, PSU, power and USB which gives the case a nice array of color. One of the more eye catching components in the system is the florescent green fan holder toward the bottom front. Unfortunately no included fan can be seen throughout the case, with the exclusion of the power supply ones of course.
Antec have chosen to install a power supply from their Performance line. The included power supply is a 350 watt Smart Blue unit, which consists of two fans to help keep it cool. One underneath which is 92mm and the other an 80mm to help keep the air out of the power supply and the case. The power supply will be perfect for lanners and being one of the "SmartBlue" units it also emits a stylish glow.
The 3.25" drive holder has the ability to be removed; unfortunately it doesn't follow the same screw free ability that the Sonata has to offer. The reasons Antec would have chosen to cut down on some of the other features is so they can offer a case that is of aluminum and a lot more affordable to most people. Including drive rails for everything and fans would have bumped the price up to those similar of a Lian Li.
Once opening the case it is quite obvious that the Lanboy is missing a lot of the bells and whistles that the Sonata has on offer. Like the Sonata, it also is deprived of a motherboard tray but it has become something which is expected in the cheaper cases on the market. One cool feature of the product is the inclusion of the harness so you can easily carry your case around without any troubles. Being aimed at the lanning community, its little features like this that make the case perfect for a lot of people.
The inclusion of a window is defiantly very cool and is something that we are seeing on more and more stock cases these days. Some drive rails would defiantly have been nice to make installation that much easier. Hopefully Antec will look into building a slightly more expensive model with the inclusion of some of the features that were left out of the Lanboy, even if they decided to do a model without a power supply, this would help drop the price significantly ad help in offering a more complete product. Overall it is defiantly a nice case aimed at a market that is defiantly out there and growing. It won't be long before you see more and more of these little beauties pop up at your local lanning venue.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives