Like the Sonata, the front of the Lanboy also includes a door; opening the door instead of the three / two drive setup it has four 5.25" drives and two X 3.5" drives. It is also worth noting that while it has the extra 5.25" bay, it is no bigger then the Sonata. Unfortunately the door on the Lanboy doesn't come with a lock, considering the case is aimed at people who go lanning it would have been better to include the lock on the Lanboy instead of the Sonata. The Lanboy also lacks the front audio jacks and firewire ports; however it does include two USB ports like the Sonata.
The most useful feature for lanning is the decision to construct the case with aluminum instead of steel, this overall makes the case a lot lighter which of course makes it easier to carry around, this is very important to people who LAN on a regular basis - the type of consumer this product is aimed at. The problem with aluminum cases is the price usually sky rockets when using the material, Antec have been able to produce the Lanboy at the same price as of the Sonata which is made of steel.
Looking at the right side panel, you notice nothing out of the ordinary, like the Sonata it also can not be removed as it is pop riveted into place, unfortunately if you wanted to mod the right panel you would have to drill the pop rivets out making it slightly harder to access the panel.
What good is a lanning case without a window? Antec include a window on the right side panel. This is perfect for anyone who is really interested in jazzing up their case a little. The window is your normal plexi design and defiantly seems strong enough to take a little beating - not that we would recommend it.
The back is quite similar to the Sonata, included is a power supply which is slightly different to the one that comes with the Sonata, again we will talk about that later when we look at the inside. Also included is the standard motherboard back plate and the PCI slot covers, instead of the 120mm fan, an insert for a 80mm fan is installed, unfortunately it doesn't come with a rear fan so you may want to purchase one at the same time. The final feature is very unique, it is a little space at the back of the case that can hold miscellanies screws and so forth - this is defiantly something that would come in very handy at LANs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015