Like the Sonata, the front of the Lanboy also includes a door; opening the door instead of the three / two drive setup it has four 5.25" drives and two X 3.5" drives. It is also worth noting that while it has the extra 5.25" bay, it is no bigger then the Sonata. Unfortunately the door on the Lanboy doesn't come with a lock, considering the case is aimed at people who go lanning it would have been better to include the lock on the Lanboy instead of the Sonata. The Lanboy also lacks the front audio jacks and firewire ports; however it does include two USB ports like the Sonata.
The most useful feature for lanning is the decision to construct the case with aluminum instead of steel, this overall makes the case a lot lighter which of course makes it easier to carry around, this is very important to people who LAN on a regular basis - the type of consumer this product is aimed at. The problem with aluminum cases is the price usually sky rockets when using the material, Antec have been able to produce the Lanboy at the same price as of the Sonata which is made of steel.
Looking at the right side panel, you notice nothing out of the ordinary, like the Sonata it also can not be removed as it is pop riveted into place, unfortunately if you wanted to mod the right panel you would have to drill the pop rivets out making it slightly harder to access the panel.
What good is a lanning case without a window? Antec include a window on the right side panel. This is perfect for anyone who is really interested in jazzing up their case a little. The window is your normal plexi design and defiantly seems strong enough to take a little beating - not that we would recommend it.
The back is quite similar to the Sonata, included is a power supply which is slightly different to the one that comes with the Sonata, again we will talk about that later when we look at the inside. Also included is the standard motherboard back plate and the PCI slot covers, instead of the 120mm fan, an insert for a 80mm fan is installed, unfortunately it doesn't come with a rear fan so you may want to purchase one at the same time. The final feature is very unique, it is a little space at the back of the case that can hold miscellanies screws and so forth - this is defiantly something that would come in very handy at LANs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance