Like the Sonata, the front of the Lanboy also includes a door; opening the door instead of the three / two drive setup it has four 5.25" drives and two X 3.5" drives. It is also worth noting that while it has the extra 5.25" bay, it is no bigger then the Sonata. Unfortunately the door on the Lanboy doesn't come with a lock, considering the case is aimed at people who go lanning it would have been better to include the lock on the Lanboy instead of the Sonata. The Lanboy also lacks the front audio jacks and firewire ports; however it does include two USB ports like the Sonata.
The most useful feature for lanning is the decision to construct the case with aluminum instead of steel, this overall makes the case a lot lighter which of course makes it easier to carry around, this is very important to people who LAN on a regular basis - the type of consumer this product is aimed at. The problem with aluminum cases is the price usually sky rockets when using the material, Antec have been able to produce the Lanboy at the same price as of the Sonata which is made of steel.
Looking at the right side panel, you notice nothing out of the ordinary, like the Sonata it also can not be removed as it is pop riveted into place, unfortunately if you wanted to mod the right panel you would have to drill the pop rivets out making it slightly harder to access the panel.
What good is a lanning case without a window? Antec include a window on the right side panel. This is perfect for anyone who is really interested in jazzing up their case a little. The window is your normal plexi design and defiantly seems strong enough to take a little beating - not that we would recommend it.
The back is quite similar to the Sonata, included is a power supply which is slightly different to the one that comes with the Sonata, again we will talk about that later when we look at the inside. Also included is the standard motherboard back plate and the PCI slot covers, instead of the 120mm fan, an insert for a 80mm fan is installed, unfortunately it doesn't come with a rear fan so you may want to purchase one at the same time. The final feature is very unique, it is a little space at the back of the case that can hold miscellanies screws and so forth - this is defiantly something that would come in very handy at LANs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 3 [Antec Sonata Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 4 [Antec Sonata Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 5 [Antec Lanboy Features - External]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 6 [Antec Lanboy Features - Internal]
- Antec Sonata and Lanboy - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives