Specifications, Pricing and Availability
MyDigitalSSD will run with all the standard capacity sizes from 64GB to a massive 512GB. We suspect a 1TB model is in the works as well judging from the layout of the 512GB model we are looking at today.
MyDigitalSSD claims read performance at 490MB/s with 16K IOPS. Write performance is a claimed 310MB/s at 46K IOPS. These numbers are produced on a SATA III interface and this is the first time Phison has entered the SATA III market.
When comparing the BP3 to power user drives that use SandForce controllers, there is no question that the SandForce drives outperform the BP3 on paper. The Phison S8 is a budget offering though and is designed to be a low-cost solution. As a budget minded product, it has to have the price to back that claim up and MyDigitalSSD has come through in that area.
The BP3 512GB has a normal cost of $499.99, but with a TweakTown coupon code (TT512BP3SAVE25) MyDigitalSSD is taking off another $25. Additionally, the 256GB BP3 model has a coupon code as well (TT512BP3SAVE10) that is good for $10 off.
Being a budget release there aren't any accessories included with the package. We would of liked to of seen a desktop adapter bracket tossed in the package. You do get a three year warranty though which is longer than what many companies provide with their budget SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP3 512GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- Nintendo Switch teardown teases massive 4310mAh battery
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league