Specifications, Pricing and Availability
MyDigitalSSD will run with all the standard capacity sizes from 64GB to a massive 512GB. We suspect a 1TB model is in the works as well judging from the layout of the 512GB model we are looking at today.
MyDigitalSSD claims read performance at 490MB/s with 16K IOPS. Write performance is a claimed 310MB/s at 46K IOPS. These numbers are produced on a SATA III interface and this is the first time Phison has entered the SATA III market.
When comparing the BP3 to power user drives that use SandForce controllers, there is no question that the SandForce drives outperform the BP3 on paper. The Phison S8 is a budget offering though and is designed to be a low-cost solution. As a budget minded product, it has to have the price to back that claim up and MyDigitalSSD has come through in that area.
The BP3 512GB has a normal cost of $499.99, but with a TweakTown coupon code (TT512BP3SAVE25) MyDigitalSSD is taking off another $25. Additionally, the 256GB BP3 model has a coupon code as well (TT512BP3SAVE10) that is good for $10 off.
Being a budget release there aren't any accessories included with the package. We would of liked to of seen a desktop adapter bracket tossed in the package. You do get a three year warranty though which is longer than what many companies provide with their budget SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP3 512GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 delayed to 2018
- MediaTek to announce new Helio processors on August 29th
- Huawei reveals the first official Mate 10 teaser
- Nokia flagship is finally here: Meet the Nokia 8
- Final Fantasy XIV subscriptions at all time high
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes