Specifications, Pricing and Availability
MyDigitalSSD will run with all the standard capacity sizes from 64GB to a massive 512GB. We suspect a 1TB model is in the works as well judging from the layout of the 512GB model we are looking at today.
MyDigitalSSD claims read performance at 490MB/s with 16K IOPS. Write performance is a claimed 310MB/s at 46K IOPS. These numbers are produced on a SATA III interface and this is the first time Phison has entered the SATA III market.
When comparing the BP3 to power user drives that use SandForce controllers, there is no question that the SandForce drives outperform the BP3 on paper. The Phison S8 is a budget offering though and is designed to be a low-cost solution. As a budget minded product, it has to have the price to back that claim up and MyDigitalSSD has come through in that area.
The BP3 512GB has a normal cost of $499.99, but with a TweakTown coupon code (TT512BP3SAVE25) MyDigitalSSD is taking off another $25. Additionally, the 256GB BP3 model has a coupon code as well (TT512BP3SAVE10) that is good for $10 off.
Being a budget release there aren't any accessories included with the package. We would of liked to of seen a desktop adapter bracket tossed in the package. You do get a three year warranty though which is longer than what many companies provide with their budget SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP3 512GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives